Thread: LinknoidBarf and LinknoidMine

Default LinknoidBarf and LinknoidMine

Here are two farming scripts I've been working on to get ready for public release. I was almost ready towards the end of December, but then the free kill nerf happened, and all my free kill stuff had to be redone (spending 8 free kills on copied embezzlers suddenly became a really crappy strategy, so NPRZ in LT&T is where those free kills go now).

Sorry about the boring script names, I'm very uncreative when it comes to naming things.

* LinknoidMine.ash: This script is farming 1970s Volcano for entry level characters (i.e. my alt characters who only get a few minutes of attention a day most days). Requires about 500k meat to get started for a brand new miner (depending on the price of a one day ticket). I started with an existing script "hotmine.ash" by Smelltastic when I couldn't get the most commonly recommended volcano script to run because it kept asking for potions of object detection, but most of the code besides the actual mining is new. Can consume perfect drinks and hi-meins, size 3/4 spleens, borrowed time. Buys required gear, 1-day pass, tries to get 2 more volcoinos. Also can prep for the next day using temporary X tattoos and food/spleen to ensure you start with 290 turns to maximize your 1-day gain. With 1 day of prep, it can generate something like 580 turns to volcano mine.

* LinknoidBarf.ash: This script is for my main character, optimized to squeeze out every sources of +meat that I can, to farm barf mountain and copied knob goblin embezzlers. It started out over a year ago as a way to eat a full thanksgetting feast, grab a pirate costume, sweet synthesis, and burn the turns in barf mountain, but it has grown quite a lot in scope since then. I started out trying to do it all manually, and I'd make mistakes, but at this point I could never correctly do all the things this script does. I can make about 2.8m meat, minus expenses, in 380 turns. Does way too much stuff to list here. Not everything it does is directly meat farming, but it tries to get the most out of each resource, so for example, maximizing MP before running the LOV tunnel so it can do more libram summons. Not recommended if you don't have a Mayo Clinic.

You can read more details of both here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/li...ster/Usage.txt

Source repository here:

https://github.com/linknoid/MafiaScripts

Links to the scripts themselves:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/li...nknoidBarf.ash
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/li...nknoidMine.ash

I'm not sure the best way to download them. You can use git to pull them if you know how, but otherwise I guess just open the raw links above, and then right click -> "Save Page As..."

EDIT:

I think I have this structured properly now for automatic download. The files had to be in the proper directory structure with no other files, so I created a new release branch for each script:

Code:
    svn checkout https://github.com/linknoid/MafiaScripts/branches/ReleaseBarf
    svn checkout https://github.com/linknoid/MafiaScripts/branches/ReleaseMine
    Last edited by Linknoid; 03-02-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Looks extremely useful. Iíll give it a run tomorrow and see how it compares to my usual routine.

"I'm not sure the best way to download them."

The best way would for you to provide the necessary info to let them be available via KoLmafia's Script Manager.

I ran a fresh install of LinknoidBarf with turns to buff/execute set to 380 and the familiar set to my robortender. A couple of notes.
    • The script did not purchase/craft robortender drinks so I had to do so manually
    • The script spent meat to restore MP for the initial buffing despite the fact that I recovered MP from adventuring
    • The script only utilized 15/16 stomach, 16/19 liver, and 14/15 spleen
    • The script netted me around 1.76M meat as opposed to my usual 1.5M from lazy volcano mining

Any idea why the script did not utilize all my organ capacity?

The barf script's goal is to generate buffs for the number of turns requested. Once it has enough of a buff, it should stop eating or drinking for that buff. It does seem strange that it would stop at those numbers, especially if you set it to 380 turns.

Was the 16 max fullness because of pantsgiving, or a distension pill, or some other source? If you have pantsgiving, it should auto-use a distension pill once you get a pantsgiving fullness available to eat a size 2 thanksgetting item. But I don't know enough about your situation to diagnose the problem. If it auto-ate a distension pill and then left 1 fullness remaining, that's definitely a bug, and I'll see if I can reproduce that. Maybe it meant to fill that last stomach with a horseradish, but 8 horseradish purchase wasn't enough? I have such a large stockpile of horseradish that I've never really run into it having to buy, but I should fix it to buy as many as it needs instead of hardcoding 8 (that was one of the earliest lines of code in the script, never revisited).

Liver is often not filled completely. It's convenient to have liver available for eating with Mayodiol, but also there aren't really any epic cheap boozes that give +meat like there are with the horseradish. So it's kind of up to you what to fill the rest with. Maybe I could add a "fill liver" option that would fill it with elemental caipsricoska since it's cheap and epic.

Spleen should be getting mostly filled by sweet synthesis if you have it. It will use 2 spleen for MP maximization if you have a libram (I should really add the other librams that I don't have), and 1 spleen for an abstraction: joy, but the rest should be going towards "Synthesis: Greed". Did it generate enough turns of "Synthesis: Greed" to fill 380 turns? Did it run out of candy? Sweet Synthesis candy is whitelisted so it only uses candy that is produced by the Robortender + trick-or-treating, excluding some useful stuff like chocolates and gummies. I think it should be pretty close to candy-neutral if you feed the Robortender a Feliz Navidad, but you'll have to buy it from the mall otherwise.

The use of all MP up front for things that can be cast throughout has been on my mind lately. It does mean less server hits if it can cast everything at once instead of having to recast frequently. It should probably still do as much as it can with available MP, and then maintain the 6 relevant buffs as more mana becomes available or it wears off. Maybe moods would take care of it automatically, but I don't really like the idea of overriding a user's mood.

The Barf script definitely benefits from having lots of +meat and +weight sources. There's something like 300 items/skills/effects coded into it. It's still up to you to optimize your gear. And you can pre-buff with your own choice of buffs if you find something that's a good deal. I'm sure I'll never earn back the meat back I spent gearing up, it's more about the fun of optimizing scripts and having features to implement than good financial sense :-)

Was the 16 max fullness because of pantsgiving, or a distension pill, or some other source?
    Originally Posted by Linknoid View Post
    I have pantsgiving, so I assumed that that was where the extra fullness came from. I can keep a closer eye on it when it runs again.

Did it generate enough turns of "Synthesis: Greed" to fill 380 turns? Did it run out of candy?
    Originally Posted by Linknoid View Post
    Yes to the former, it did fill to 380 turns.

I was under the impression that the script filled your organs in a manner that resulted in the most meat (taking into account +meat effects, cost of food, adventures given, etc). Is this not the case? Will it eat the Thanksgarden food even if it isn't cost effective?
    Last edited by Baden; 03-06-2018 at 02:54 PM.

I was under the impression that the script filled your organs in a manner that resulted in the most meat (taking into account +meat effects, cost of food, adventures given, etc). Is this not the case? Will it eat the Thanksgarden food even if it isn't cost effective?
    Originally Posted by Baden View Post
    Nope, it eats/drinks/spleen specifically for the buffs, not to fill organs. The filling of organs is a negative side effect of acquiring said buffs. So if you don't need further buffs, it leaves the remaining space for you to fill however optimally you choose. Honestly, there aren't too many consumables that are meat positive. Jumping horseradish and thanksgetting are the only good options in that regard, and with the release of the new garden, who knows how long thanksgetting will remain cost effective. Letting a garden grow to 18 every 6 days only provides half the cashews required for a daily thanksgetting feast.

But the Thanksgetting buff is really hard to beat: 400% meat drop, 200% item drop, and +10 familiar weight. A large part of the script's logic is trying to squeeze out as many thanksgetting turns a day as possible. I figure it becomes worthwhile to use a cuppa voraci tea once it gets below 50k meat, just to squeeze in another 40 turns of Thanksgetting (at least if you have a time-spinner to re-eat).

Since thanksgetting food is size 2, and the horseradish buff would already be maxxed out, when it reaches 15/16 there's nothing more to eat for buffs unless you have stomach expanders, like a distension pill. Acquiring them is outside the scope of this script. Max out your item drop, grab some transporter transponders, and olfact the grizzled survivors in The Domed City of Grimacia. You can easily gather enough to last many months of daily use in a single day. Or ascend into a path that gives stomach of steel, and don't bother with stomach expansion. I've been getting 400 turns of buffs in Avatar of Boris aftercore without requiring distension pills.

If the price on the Thanksgarden food goes too high (especially with yesterday's release of a new garden), I suppose this script will cease to be cost effective. At that point, whatever generates the most turns will be the most valuable (or maybe that's already the case), and there are other scripts which handle that kind of eating. I try to minimize the amount of mall searching it does, mostly just put upper limits on how much it will spend for each item, based loosely on its expected return. There are very few net-positive +meat consumables, so I focus on the ones easy to regenerate for long-term sustainability.
    Last edited by Linknoid; 03-07-2018 at 02:55 AM.