Madame Zahara notification

Pazleysox

I find that myself, and people in my clan don't always see requests for Madame Zahara come across my screen. Especially if I am AFK. Does anyone have a script that can remind users that a request is waiting? I tried a few things today, like changing an image to another, but that only works when the screen is refreshed, and if you're not adventuring, it won't work. I also tried chat commands, but short of making it a chatbot command, I couldn't figure it out. I was wondering if anyone else has come up with anything? (Ezandora, I'm looking at you)

Stewbeef

My script, instructions below, will simply respond to everyone if you type: clanfortune respond all
You can see who you have to respond to with: clanfortune status

I used it to make a chatbot script, but I only noticed it working if I didn't have the GUI loaded. I haven't read that this is a limitation, but either it is or I am missing something.

https://github.com/stewbeef/clanfortune/tree/readme

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm working on that now, but I can't figure it out without a new server hit every minute or so.

There might be something in chat. In the spirit of being a Good Citizen, is this so important that you need a server hit every minute? If you are doing this off of a timer, perhaps every 5 minutes would be an acceptable compromise? Better yet, train clannies to trigger it when they return?

I wonder whether it is time to consider an event notification system for KoLmafia? The basic idea would be a user registers an ash script for an event and when mafia detects the event it calls the script? We already do this for before and after battle and a couple others. If there are one or two events that solve a lot of script issues then they could just be added? A generalized system might be more work than anyone is willing to do, but...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Luckily Pazleysox made a second thread to specifically ask about that, and the answer is a chatbotScript.

Yeah. I reply when I read something, not when I have read everything :) ChatBot may not be the answer if it requires that the Altar of Literacy has been visited. It may be a design goal to be revisited or abandoned but at one point it was a goal that KoLmafia would do everything it did without requiring chat.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
KoLmafia (and a person playing vanilla) has no way of knowing about KoL's events except from chat or main.php. Obviously KoLmafia isn't going to load main.php regularly, so without chat it's effectively impossible.