Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb 2018 IotM - Fortune Teller (Clan VIP room)

Maybe specifying "match" or "nomatch", or something similar to that, would work better than specifying all 3 inputs. That means assuming a response, which works if the assumption is that cheesefax will be the primary target.

Developer

Maybe set up default questions and answers, defaulting to match cheesedax, and allow that default to be changed?

I've set Easyfax to give the same replies as cheesefax and leave it up the requester to match that or not. This has been working so far.
    Code:
    import clanfortune.ash

void main()
    {
        chat_private("Easyfax", "fortune");
        waitq(9);
        clanfortune_parse("clan,Easyfax,pizza,batman,thick");
    }
    But, I worry about the lack of synchronization when Easyfax gets busy.

I have a command written, ready to commit when sourceforge stops being broken. The syntax is "fortune buff <buff type>" or "fortune <clanmate name>", and all 3 words can be specified (trying to specify some number of words besides 0 or 3 results in an error, mostly because I assumed that would be the result of misunderstanding the syntax), otherwise preferences will be used, defaulting to pizza/batman/thick.

The main thing I got stuck at is parsing the page to see what you can still use. When the machine is used, the URL has whichchoice=1278 and it's easy enough to send that response to parseResponse. When simply visiting, it starts with clan_viplounge.php?preaction=lovetester and redirects to choice.php?forcechoice=0, and I'm probably forgetting some simple way of handling that.

Can we also have a _preference for usage? Currently I have to do a page hit to check if a fortune is available.

Yes, two of those are added (for the buff and for clanmate consultations). That is the only reason parsing the page matters at all (the second paragraph in my previous post).

so the 'fortune <clanmate>' only creates new requests, it can't respond to existing ones? Say we know 'bob' always is going to 'fortune alice' on login, so as alice we can't reply to that with a 'fortune bob beer robin thin' or 'fortune reply bob beer robin thin' ?

Code:
    Unknown item found: Love Potion #61,131 (9745, 863678027)
    --------------------
    9745 Love Potion #XYZ 863678027 potion9.gif usable q 0
    Item Love Potion #XYZ Effect: "Tainted Love Potion", Effect Duration: 20
    --------------------
    You acquire an item: Love Potion #61,131
    Acquired from the Love Mixology skill (which is learned from Love Potions and the Wizards who Mix Them).

That potion looks to have a randomized name (Love Potion #XYZ is the unrandomized name), and the effect has randomized modifiers.

I have a command written, ready to commit when sourceforge stops being broken. The syntax is "fortune buff <buff type>" or "fortune <clanmate name>", and all 3 words can be specified (trying to specify some number of words besides 0 or 3 results in an error, mostly because I assumed that would be the result of misunderstanding the syntax), otherwise preferences will be used, defaulting to pizza/batman/thick.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    What's the syntax for sending to clan mates with spaces in their names? help fortune just says playername.