New Content - Implemented Feb 2018 IotM - Fortune Teller (Clan VIP room)

AlbinoRhino

It appears all of the fortune teller skills are marked not permable in the skill proxy information. Is that actually the case?

AlbinoRhino

Oh, I see. Thank you. So, is there any easy way to distinguish an auto-permed skill from a skill that cannot be permed? Other than a hardcoded list?

Darzil

Developer
I think hardcoded list.

Mafia's is:
case SkillPool.OLFACTION:
case SkillPool.THICK_SKINNED:
case SkillPool.CHIP_ON_YOUR_SHOULDER:
case SkillPool.REQUEST_SANDWICH:
case SkillPool.PIRATE_BELLOW:
case SkillPool.INCREDIBLE_SELF_ESTEEM:
case SkillPool.GET_BIG:
case SkillPool.MATING_CALL:
case SkillPool.INSCRUTABLE_GAZE:
case SkillPool.LOVE_MIXOLOGY:
case SkillPool.ACQUIRE_RHINESTONES:
case SkillPool.POP_SONG:
// Auto-HP-Permed
return false;

Darzil

Developer
It would be nice to have Acquire Rhinestones added to Breakfast summons. It's once per day.
I think I did this at some point recently, but forgot to post here.

r18658 has a hacky fix that lets you use fortune command on a player name with spaces, as long as it isn't three spaces, and as long as you do not specify words. (Basically if not 4 parameters, assumes it is a name)

antipasta

Could we get an error message when the fortune command fails for a playername, e.g. because CheeseFax has run off to another clan, or I spelled his name wrong, etc.

The game gives you an error msg on the response page, but mafia doesn't report it.

Darzil

Developer
Could we get an error message when the fortune command fails for a playername, e.g. because CheeseFax has run off to another clan, or I spelled his name wrong, etc.

The game gives you an error msg on the response page, but mafia doesn't report it.
Can you get the html of the error message(s) from the response page?

antipasta

Can you get the html of the error message(s) from the response page?

It's the fortune teller page again with a Results: box at the top; if the player is somewhere else the error msg bit is:

Code:
<tr><td><span class="guts">You can only consult Madame Zatara about someone in your clan.</span></td></tr>

And for no such player:

Code:
<tr><td><span class="guts">Couldn't find "chesefax" to test with.</span></td></tr>

Last edited:

PeKaJe

The love potions still aren't tracked right. Extract from session results:

Love Potion #27,793
Love Potion #38,372
Love Potion #60,067
Love Potion #78,569
Love Potion #79,194
Love Potion #XYZ (-5)

It would also be useful to have its modifiers updated when a new potion is created. According to the wiki, the number determines each modifier

antipasta

I asked mafia to do a "fortune buff item" in a clan that didn't have a fortune teller, and mafia became convinced that I had used all my fortune teller buffs for the day.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I asked mafia to do a "fortune buff item" in a clan that didn't have a fortune teller, and mafia became convinced that I had used all my fortune teller buffs for the day.

Don't do that :)

The failure made mafia think you were done so the behavior makes perfect sense. Ideally mafia would determine why the request failed, if it can, and not set all done unless you really were all done. That said, things that change with clan hopping are not always well handled by KoLmafia and sometimes fixing them is more effort than it is worth.

In the meantime, if it happens again you can set _clanFortuneBuffUsed=false via the gCLI and switch to the right clan.

Darzil

Developer

Did you capture the html of the failure message so we can capture it?

I also noticed _clanFortuneConsultUses getting set to 3 at weird moments a few days ago, which might also be because I was trying to grab a buff while in the wrong clan, but I didn't have time/energy to investigate further at the time. Checking now it indeed seems to be when I tried to grab a fortune (NPC) buff while in wrong clan. I already grabbed my fortune stuff for today, but I'll try to keep an eye out.

antipasta

Did you capture the html of the failure message so we can capture it?

Sorry for the slow reply, got distracted.

It was in the cli, so no html to capture, and I'm not sure how to ask for a buff via the relay browser in a clan with no fortune teller.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
With "Verbosely log communication between KoLmafia and browser" option on (Preferences->General->Extra Debugging)
Start debug log, do it in CLI, stop debug log, post debug log.