Bug - Fixed Private Message Chatlogs getting split

Code:
[19:38] RUPATUPA: If that doesn't work and you're using Mafia, you can check its chat logs.
[19:42] The Dictator: yes
[19:42] The Dictator: though, for private conversations, it seems to only log your side, dunno what's up with that
[19:44] bmaher: dictator, that sounds like a bug that i have never seen or heard about
[19:44] RUPATUPA: Mine appears to log both sides. And it gets my name capitalization wrong.

I never even realized it wasn't a privacy feature or something until now, and thus, I'm posting this so that someone knowledgable about this sort of thing can maybe figure out why this is happening.
I did a little investigating after that, and it turns out I was wrong, it's not that it only logs one side of the conversation, it's that the conversations gets split between two different files: All my outgoing messages end up in [date]_the_dictator_<name>.html as expected. But all the incoming private messages that I get over the entire day all end up together in [date]_the_dictator_the_dictator.html, which is why I (originally) missed them.
Lost suggested it might have to do with the space in my username, and/or my account being new enough that I have never used the older chat.

Anyway, to illustrate:
7e3462893b.png

Yes, even when sending a private message to myself, sending and receiving end up in two separate files, differentiated by the handling of that space, lol:
d64bc76bec.png

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The second screenshot shows that it's using the%20dictator, which is why I suspect it's due to a space in the name.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Lost is spot on. I've encountered the same issue with usernames containing spaces, but never bothered to fix.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
(In particular, it looks like outgoing messages sometimes have spaces substituted with underscores, but incoming messages do not.)