Maximizer Question

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
My characters tend used to be meat poor. So when I would run the mazimizer in ronin it would always suggest pull&equip. Thanks to Veracity's meat farming script and a lack of motivation to repeat certain paths, there is much more meat than before. Now that I am running softcore again, I now get buy&pull&equip. What I really want is a pull but don't buy option. There isn't one but I wondered if using the price limit would come close enough.

So I ran and got the attached.

max.PNG

What I was expecting was that any suggestion of buy&pull&equip would be for an item that was 100 or less. The suggested tiny plastic has a 419 price. (Same results with buyable only selected).

Why was it suggested?

I would have expected no suggestion because of the cost limit. Bug? Difference between using an actual mall price in the calculation but displaying the fifth lowest? Operator error? Something else?

Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
A way to achieve that currently is to disallow the mall for item acquisition. Alternatively, setting autoBuyPriceLimit would probably work, though I always have the former disabled so the latter is irrelevant.

Not that either of those should be necessary (or maybe they should?), but I'm not too familiar with the Max price field.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
A way to achieve that currently is to disallow the mall for item acquisition. Alternatively, setting autoBuyPriceLimit would probably work, though I always have the former disabled so the latter is irrelevant.

Not that either of those should be necessary (or maybe they should?), but I'm not too familiar with the Max price field.

SC still in Ronin. If the Maximizer is using my "allow mall" setting then perhaps it shouldn't.

The autoBuyPrice limit was not being respected because several of the suggestions were at least an order of magnitude higher than what I allowed. Perhaps if I had actually attempted to execute the command it would have triggered?

My goal is to use the Mazimizer to suggest things I already have in Hagnk's that I can consider pulling in order to get some improvement over what I have on hand. In Ye Olden Days when you could not buy with meat from Hagnk's and place the purchase in Hangk's this wasn't a problem :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
SC still in Ronin. If the Maximizer is using my "allow mall" setting then perhaps it shouldn't.

I don't think I agree with that. If you're okay with using the mall in general, then what's wrong with using it to buy things to pull?

With the mall not allowed for me, the Maximizer has never suggested buying anything, in Ronin or aftercore.

Darzil

Developer
Ok, have worked out the cause, and I think I'm going to change the behaviour slightly so it works.
It's to do with three things:
1. Currently maxPrice passed to Evaluator and Maximizer takes account of current Meat, which makes sense for mallbuyable, but not pullbuyable.
2. Currently pullbuyable uses autobuylimit instead of maxPrice.
3. Validate only blacklists mallbuyable, not pullbuyable, for being over limit.

Plan is to move current meat check to checkitem, rather than passing it in with maxPrice.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I don't think I agree with that. If you're okay with using the mall in general, then what's wrong with using it to buy things to pull?

OK. I agree with you. Buying something, putting it in Hangk's and then pulling it seems "wrong" to me. But given that The Game allows it then I absolutely want the Maximizer to use and respect my mall settings settings.