Thread: 18371: Correctly calculate number of foldable items available when item is part of Ga

RSS 18371: Correctly calculate number of foldable items available when item is part of Ga

Correctly calculate number of foldable items available when item is part of Garbage Tote. Correctly handle number of foldable items required when one is required due to bonus, but isn't otherwise best in slot. Hopefully. Lightly tested.

by darzil on 2018-01-07 17:04:08

M /src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/maximizer/CheckedItem.java (view) (diff)
    M /src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/maximizer/Evaluator.java (view) (diff)
    Download the latest KolMafia build here.
    Every new revision posted within the hour.
    New EXE builds every Monday.

Just happened to notice in CheckedItem.java line ~99:

// Fold groups are stored in lower case
    if ( group.get( 1 ).equals( (String) "january's garbage tote" ) )

and then later at line ~199 (normal case instead of lower)

// Cannot have more than one item from Januuary's Garbage Tote, no matter how many you have
    if ( group.get( 1 ).equals( (String) "January's Garbage Tote" ) )

Of course, I could well be missing something since I'm still puzzling over all the maximizer code...

Fixed in 18372.

Developer

Of course, I could well be missing something since I'm still puzzling over all the maximizer code...
    Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
    Yeah, the code is a nightmare. Evaluator in particular has loads of arcane code, and a whole load of it I added to prune the options and massively reduce the number of combinations considered.

I have a bunch more to add sometime, to compare items like Hobo and Smithsness where having some of a set can be better than the best item in each slot, and then remove those that aren't in any such combination. Each time I've tried it didn't work and I ended up backing it out. I try every six months or so! That would make maximization work MUCH faster if added.

Ha. Yeah. I was looking to make it consider stickers as a "create Sword/Crossbow with XXX stickers". I gave up.