Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Mafia thumb ring gained adventures

Default Track Mafia thumb ring gained adventures

The mafia thumb ring sometimes gives advs after combat, doesn't even require a crit like the vivala, with the message:

"You walloped your enemy so thoroughly, thanks to your weighty thumb ring, that you actually knocked them back into last week.... guess this current fight didn't take any time!"

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/...fia_thumb_ring

Why? As in, what would you possibly do with this number that would provide any purpose to tracking it?

Well same with vivala's _vmaskAdv for instance, helps with tracking how effective I was during each turn. For ex my_adventures() before a battle is say, 500, then after battle since I earn a thumbring adv mafia still reports my_adventures() as 500, so it appears I got a bunch of meat/items/whatever but didn't have to spend an adventure for it. But if I encountered say a Goth Kid monster and I really *didn't* spend an adv, I can account for that because mafia tracks it. Likewise if vivala gives me an adv while fighting a dirty hippy I can see I *did* spend an adventure, because _vmaskAdvs is one higher even though my_adventures() isn't reporting a diff. That make sense?

It makes sense, but it's not enough of a reason for me to think it's worth tracking. Vivala mask adventures are tracked because they are limited to 10 per day, and knowing when you can't get any more is useful.

Developer

I wonder if there is a max? Tracking it would help figure that out, I feel like there's been a lot less spading as this game ages so who knows.

The last person to ask for this same feature concluded that there probably is no cap.

I mean, it's like tracking meat or anything you gain from spending an adv right? Earning an extra adventure is a pretty valuable thing you might earn, tracking what sources (like gibberer, vmask, hare, etc) gave it to you seems pretty valuable to me at least, especially for determining using this accessory vs another one. If there is no limit on the thumb ring then it's even more like the hare/gibberer which also don't have caps. And the only condition that has to be referenced is if a text string appears at the end of combat right?

Hare/Gibberer wait until rollover to give their adventures, so you have a reason to track them after they happen.

I've been assuming a 5% rate for the extra adventures.

well I'm not gonna die on the cross to try and get this implemented But mafia already tracks a lot of similiar-if-not-more random/fiddly/"useless" stuff, and multiple people have expressed interest in using the feature but if that's still not enough so be it

also I think related to this is mafia doesn't display the after battle message that you gained an adv from the ring? it shows all my stat/mp/item/meat gains and things the vivala and familiar did etc, but doesn't display that the thumb ring triggered? It would be nice to at least be able to search the combat log for thumb ring activations
    Last edited by fxer; 01-07-2018 at 08:22 PM.