Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: January 2018 IotM: January's Garbage Tote

I just maximized my item drop, and I was surprised I managed to get to 9.4k, so I ran a quick check. Mafia seems to think the champagne bottle on it's own quadruples item drop.

(possible) foldable bug:
    You acquire an item: broken champagne bottle *** slot hat: KoL has (none) but KoLmafia has wad of used tape

attempting to run the maximizer (i.e. maximize items) attempts to equip the wad of used tape and then fails, i.e.
    Maximizing...
    20 combinations checked, best score 365.00
    Putting on wad of used tape...
    You don't have the item you're trying to equip.
    Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
    See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

Developer

Yeah, have that on my list to look at. Maximiser Speculation doesn?t currently check that you have enough items to cope if more than one item in a fold group is in a speculation.

Edit = Hmm, actually, looks like it should, will try to work out why it isn't working.

Edit 2 - Ok, that's working fine, issue is that January's Garbage Tote isn't removed, unlike all other fold groups, so Mafia thinks you have two when you have an item.
    Last edited by Darzil; 01-07-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Developer

I just maximized my item drop, and I was surprised I managed to get to 9.4k, so I ran a quick check. Mafia seems to think the champagne bottle on it's own quadruples item drop.

Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    I'm guessing (haven't got a character with both at the moment, as I'm in a 100% Noobcode run for the trophy for a few more days on my only character with Squint), that we shouldn't list it as having Item Drop in modifiers.txt. Can't test this for a few days, but maybe Lost can.

Yeah, have that on my list to look at. Maximiser Speculation doesn?t currently check that you have enough items to cope if more than one item in a fold group is in a speculation.

Edit = Hmm, actually, looks like it should, will try to work out why it isn't working.

Edit 2 - Ok, that's working fine, issue is that January's Garbage Tote isn't removed, unlike all other fold groups, so Mafia thinks you have two when you have an item.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    No, that had nothing to do with foldables in general. For some reason mafia thought their inventory still had a wad of used tape after it should have been removed. Mafia has no idea that it can "create" items by "fold"ing them currently. My only speculation is that api.php might have been loaded between mafia removing the old item and KoL actually removing it, but I don't really know.

Developer

Sorry, but it is in foldables.txt, and so Mafia knows how to fold to them. Maximizer can consider foldables, but there is some bugs with that which I am currently working on. Alone of things in foldables.txt, making the item does not remove the original item.

Hope to have a hacky solution soon.
    Last edited by Darzil; 01-07-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Developer

r18371 seems to work.

18373 should calculate all the item drop doubling properly. I would not expect this code to work, but all the maximizer cases I could think to check and all of the evaluation of actual results give expected numbers now.

maximize +item +equip Mr. Screege's spectacles

equip hat eldritch hat

use 1 January's Garbage Tote
    Took choice 1275/2: Grab a broken champagne bottle
    choice.php?whichchoice=1275&option=2&pwd
    You acquire an item: broken champagne bottle

equip weapon broken champagne bottle

equip off-hand Bag o' Tricks

equip shirt flaming pink shirt

equip pants eldritch pants

equip acc1 Mr. Screege's spectacles

equip acc2 Mr. Accessory Jr.

equip acc3 your cowboy boots

equip familiar plastic pumpkin bucket

So...my "login" script dresses my character via the maximize cli command (via cli_execute) and today it appears to have automatically created the broken champagne bottle (and subsequently burned all its charges while doing free fights).

Is that intended ? I believe the maximize cli command always limited itself to on-hand stuff previously ? Perhaps I'm wrong.

Developer

If you want to stop this, either add a -equip broken champagne bottle, or switch off the option to include foldables.

If you have maximizerFoldables=true, then Maximizer will use foldables - we just haven't had any that will use themselves up like this before.

This has been the case since I added support for foldables, but has only just started using the Garbage Tote ones properly with yesterday's fixes.