Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2018 IotM: January's Garbage Tote

Default January 2018 IotM: January's Garbage Tote

Unknown item found: January's Garbage Tote (unopened) (9689, 423585413)
    --------------------
    9689 January's Garbage Tote (unopened) 423585413 tote_closed.gif usable t 0 January's Garbage Totes (unopened)
    # Item January's Garbage Tote (unopened): Allows you to rummage up Holiday Detritus
    --------------------

Unknown item found: January's Garbage Tote (9690, 586693375)
    --------------------
    9690 January's Garbage Tote 586693375 tote_open.gif usable 0
    # Item January's Garbage Tote: Allows you to rummage up Holiday Detritus
    --------------------

Using the tote goes to a choice adventure, with 6 choices, 5 give items (presumably), and the last one is a walk away type option. Didn't check choice #'s. 4th choice (tape) gives:

Unknown item found: wad of used tape (9694, 289222586)
    --------------------
    9694 wad of used tape 289222586 usedtape.gif hat q 0
    wad of used tape 50 none
    Item wad of used tape Muscle Percent: +10, Mysticality Percent: +10, Moxie Percent: +10, Item Drop: +15, Meat Drop: +30, Lasts Until Rollover
    --------------------
    You acquire an item: wad of used tape

Unknown item found: broken champagne bottle (9692, 267897529)
    --------------------
    9692 broken champagne bottle 267897529 chambottle.gif weapon q 0
    broken champagne bottle 50 Mus: 0 1-handed knife
    # Item broken champagne bottle: Doubles item drop bonus while the champagne flows
    Item broken champagne bottle MP Regen Min: 4, MP Regen Max: 8, Weapon Damage Percent: +50, Lasts Until Rollover
    --------------------
    You acquire an item: broken champagne bottle

No idea yet how this interacts with steely eyed squint.
    You can use again to return your current item, and get a diffferent one, no idea bout limits or penalties.
    Last edited by Xande1; 01-02-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Items added in 18355. More will be needed.

Developer

Broken champaign bottle message :
    Code:
    <p>The last drop of your party champagne dripped out during this fight, so you toss the bottle away.<!--familiarmessage-->
    It also tells you number of drops (adventures) left before that, I should have grabbed that info.

Developer

r18361 may recognise and remove it.

Developer

Added the tracking now too.

I guess I'm looking for some spading on how the champagne bottle interacts with Steely-Eyed Squint before handling the modifier. The shirt's doubling modifiers probably mean some extra work too.
    Last edited by lostcalpolydude; 01-04-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Developer

I guess I'm looking for some spading on how the champagne bottle interacts with Steely-Eyed Squint before handling the modifier. The shirt's doubling modifiers probably mean some extra work too.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Talking spade unfortunately didn't tell me anything when I checked, which probably means CS, Huggler are also ineffective. If anyone happens to have a Mom Slime up and wants lots of extra slimy alveoli, let me know.

I wonder how the shirt interacts with Jungle Juice, which is also a (albeit location-specific) doubling of stat gains (as opposed to a +100%, since they multiply).

I suspect against mother slime, the champagne bottle simply won't work like against hobo bosses.

Ezandora did run a quick test with it and reported in hardcore, which suggests it stacks with squint for 4x item drop.

[07:20] Ezandora: You acquire an item: filthworm hatchling scent gland -hic-
    [07:21] Ezandora: mafia tells me I have +240% item, adjusted for being underground and the steel-eyed squint. -hic-
    [07:21] Ezandora: 240 + 120 is 360
    [07:22] Ezandora has the What Are The Odds!? effect
    [07:22] Ezandora and the champagne bottle equipped

18368 should handle all the doubling when wearing the equipment, I think. The Maximizer does not recognize the gear at all, and even suggests taking it off if it is equipped. Since the code in KoLCharacter, Modifiers, and modifiers.txt is the same for Steely-Eyed Squint and broken champagne bottle, I assume it's part of the maximizer equipment code that I've never tried to understand.

Developer

r18369 adds some basic support.
    Not entirely happy with it at present, as it isn't accurately displaying the bonus. Seems to be working for suggesting items, though, at least.
    We could probably add a predictive element, as we do for stats, so we can handle in Evaluator.getScore() and Modifiers.mods.predict(), and avoid the special handling I've added.
    I'm also concerned that the system added for these, using Modifiers.extras[ modifier ] only works when a mod is a single modifier, not when it is a summation of modifiers, as it relies on the name. I'm tempted to replace it with, for example, a DOUBLE_ITEM_DROP double, which we multiple ITEM_DROP by 2 to the power of after calculating all Item drops. But that's not something I currently have time to work on.