Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: January 2018 IotM: January's Garbage Tote

Thanks Darzil!

Currently, the champagne bottle is used even when tie-breaking (at least according to someone in /hc, I have way too many alternatives to replicate it), because +item and mp regen puts it really high. Is it an idea to give the champagne bottle, the crimbo tree and the shirt a breakable tag, or some variation of it?
    Last edited by the dictator; 01-08-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Maximizer can consider foldables, but there is some bugs with that which I am currently working on.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    BTW, I only recently realized there's a checkbox for that. I normally don't see it, because the maximizer's window pops out too small to fit the checkbox in, so it doesn't appear unless I resize the window (which I often do just to see more suggestions at a time, and give more room for the suggestions to fit on a line). I guess I am basically saying that maximizer's default window size is way too small?

Currently, the champagne bottle is used even when tie-breaking (at least according to someone in /hc), because +item and mp regen puts it really high. Is it an idea to give the champagne bottle, the crimbo tree and the shirt a breakable tag, or some variation of it?
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    That would be nice. (also the burning newspaper derivatives, which "break" on rollover. They are why I forbid foldables - I don't want to spend (currently) 40k meat on something that's considered free).

Developer

Sounds a plan. Though the burning newspapers are not foldables, as they are a one use creation. Which ironically means that of the new items, the item with the fold link is not foldable, and the one without it is !

Developer

r18377

Marked Makeshift Garbage Shirt and Broken Champagne Bottle as breakable.
    For completeness/consistency, the deceased crimbo tree is also breakable. Not likely to be heavily used, though.

Developer

Anything still missing here?

So this just became a little more complicated. The equipment no longer disappears at rollover. However, the items with charges will lose their charges at rollover, and not get a new set of charges until a replacement is picked up.

Tracking if the item has been picked up is easy enough (I was thinking _garbage[itemname]Collected), and applying that to modifiers is straightforward (even though these modifier expressions are becoming horribly long at this point). However, that would make the items look useless for maximizing if you haven't already collected them, which seems undesirable. Also, the fold command won't create an item you already have in your inventory for easily resetting the charge.

Developer

And are charges that weren’t used the previous day still there to use ? Ie if you have an unused champagne bottle at the end of day one, can you use it on 11 combats, then get a new one for another 11?