Bug - Not A Bug Client Size is off.

No Touchy

First off I apologize if this is answered I did search a lot of different terms trying to find it, but the only one I could find that somewhat sounded similar didn't seem to fix it.

I recently got a new laptop and it's 17.3" screen. This is my first time having this size, so not sure it that's a correlation to this problem.
I'm pretty sure I had this problem on an older version awhile back, but somehow (accidentally) figured out how to fix it.
I've searched through every option that I could find on the client and haven't found any results.

I feel like it'd be easier to just show you.
nWVrcIp.png

Almost every screen is viewed like this, and the CLI is also very small text.

It's honestly one of the reasons I haven't been playing lately because it's such a hassle to deal with.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Sucks to be you :)

The buzz word you want is probably HDPI (high dots per inch). That may help you find my previous comments. The basic problem is that Java 1.8 and earlier lie about their ability to handle HDPI displays. It tells the operating system it can do so, so the OS doesn't make adjustments, and then Java does nothing. Java 1.9 is supposed to fix this but I have not tried it and I seem to recall some discussion that 1.9 and KoLmafia were untested.

If you are on Windows 10 and comfortable with some fiddly system stuff, there is a fix.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30555401/java-disable-dpi-aware-not-working/39372897#39372897

The above pretty much describes what I am doing and if it doesn't make sense let me know.

Darzil

Developer
That link i very good. Works fine for me on my laptop and saves me getting frustrated with it as I have for the last year !