Feature - Implemented Maximizer should prefer item droppers

Darzil

Developer
Feature Request :
Add an "Item Dropper" flag to Modifiers.
Add it to any equipment piece that causes items to drop.
Use it before tiebreaker to determine which equipment to equip when using Maximizer.

Thoughts ?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I was going to make things more complicated by pointing out the Buddy Bjorn/Crown of Thrones drops, but those will always lose to the primary maximizer expression.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I was going to make things more complicated by pointing out the Buddy Bjorn/Crown of Thrones drops, but those will always lose to the primary maximizer expression.

Counterpoint: golden monkey in bjorn vs hobo monkey in bjorn for meat drops, if you don't have carpe.

Darzil

Developer
Don't suppose anyone has a list of things that cause items to drop randomly? Can't find one on Wiki.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Mr. Cheeng's spectacles, Mr. Screege's spectacles, and KoL Con 13 Snowglobe are the main ones that I'm aware of. If you're including bjorn occupants... there are a lot.

This sounds like a great idea, but one that can get tricky to delineate.
Cheengs, Screege, snowglobe, the xiblaxian holo-wrist-putters, the camp scout backpack and the mayflower bouquet are the ones that will drop items just for fighting arbitrary combats with them, I think. (I'm probably forgetting something, this list kept growing while I was typing up the rest of the post.)
Conditionally:
Crown of Thrones and Buddy Bjorn can do so too, assuming you put in the right familiars (which would really helpful if they were included, especially if it also extends to configurations that drop meat, then it would just suggest the misshapen animal skeleton when I want familiar weight instead of defaulting to the ghost pickle and forcing me to check the wiki page).
The Pantogram pants can drop items if you sacrifice a clover for the hilarity enchantment.
The Protonic accelerator pack will give you one of those psychokinetic blobs from any ghost you fight, whether you blast it or not.

Then there's a whole bunch of items that can give you additional combat drops, if you do 'something' specific to them during the combat, such as mayfly bait and pantsgiving.

Speaking of which, there's also equips that give other, tangible benefits for wearing them into combat, even if it's not dropping items, such as pantsgiving (again), any of the stinky cheese equips and the mafia thumb ring.

Darzil

Developer
r18393
Not sure I've caught them all.
I haven't flagged items that only conditionally drop items or meat, or dice equipment, which already has a modifier.
I haven't added code to remove the flags when they have dropped all they can for the day.
I haven't handled Pantogram with clover.

Darzil

Developer
r18396 adds code to remove flags from items that have dropped all they can for the day.

Not much tested as my character with the Familiars cannot access them as in Boris.

Other than bugs and missing items, I think we are done here, as I think conditional drops by area/opponent are a bit niche for me.