Feature Modifier Maximizer - approximate meat cost

Timbatim

Hello,

the last days I wondered if it would be possible to show the costs of equipment and consumables if you buy them automatically via the MM.
Some items are way more cheaper for what they do and it would be nice to know the prices before searching everything manually.

A set max price is not what I want, because I am still interested in the options provided.

The output would be buy&pull&equip xyz (+5) [1000000 meat] or something like that.

regards

edit: For consumables it could be (+25) [30 adv duration] [3000 meat] or even better (+25) [30 adv duration] [3000 meat] [100 meat/adv] and sorted after meat/adv

Last edited:
Setting a max price will actually cause mafia to evaluate the prices of buffs, and then list those with the buff, in a format like: "drink 1 bottle of Lambada Lambic (299,999 meat, +100) [20 advs duration, 2 uses remaining, 1 in inventory]"

That said, I would approve of a listing per adventure (or even per adventure per 'score', which is what you actually care about when trying to setup a mood for a longer term, assuming a simple greedy knapsack algorithm anyway).

Timbatim

Thanks, I did not notice the function of that feature before!
I can make a quick guess of price per adv for myself for small lists like +combat myself.

When I try to maximize a mainstat, the sorting for price would be really convenient, though.

Darzil

Developer
So there are lots of sorts that make sense.

When farming, what matters is price per adv per boost.
Otherwise, what matters is usually absolute value of boost, sometimes for a period of turns, sometimes for a turn or less.

Darzil

Developer
So, it is pretty straightforward to change boosts and sorting of boosts to be, say, boost / cost or boost * duration / cost.

However, the real question is then how do you sort boosts which don't have a meat cost ?