Maximiser

chancer

Hi

Quick query, hopefully

I want to maximise elemental dmg subject to a minimum absolute mox. Is that possible?

thanks

icon315

Try something like
Code:
elemental dmg, mox 500 min 550 max
Setting a max makes it so once it reaches that point it stops trying to maximize that modifier once it reaches the specified value.

xKiv

Setting a max makes it so once it reaches that point it stops trying to maximize that modifier once it reaches the specified value.

Technically, what min and max do is this:

min - if the best found combination cannot reach this score for this part, the entire maximization fails.
max - if a combination has higher score than this for this part, then this part will only contribute "max" to the score.

So, in "elemental dmg, mox 500 min 550 max" you are saying:
- look at all combinations where 1*moxie is at least 500
- p1 = total elemental damage
- p2 = 1*moxie, capped at 550
- select a combination with highest p1+p2

It will absolutely still try all combinations, and probably still pick one with moxie above 550, because tiebreaker does not have min/max.
(i.e. if there is a combination with 100 elemental damage and 600 moxie, and another with 100 elemental damage and 700 moxie, they will both have score 100+550, but the one with 700 moxie will have higher tiebreaker)

As far as I can tell, it's also possible to set things up with "min" so that there *is* a feasible solution, but maximizer won't find it because a different combination had higher total score. (trivial example: you have nothing except an item that increases your muscle by 100 and decreases your moxie by 50 ; your current moxie is 60 ; then maximize "moxie 50 min, muscle" - equipping that item will increase score by 50, but drop your moxie below requested minimum)