Feature Filter food/booze in item manager by size

xKiv

Item panels with filter input box can filter by part of name (just enter text), forbidden part of name (!=WhatYouDoNotWantToSeeHere), (possible) quantity (type for example "#>1") and autosellprice ("$<=1000", should also work with any other currency symbol, not just $, at least according to AutoFilterTextField.ASSEARCH_PATTERN).

I would like to propose teaching them to also filter by consumable size (maybe with something like @<=1).

Motivations:
1) PvP minis often have something like "eat/drink as many as you can", which means picking food/booze of size 1 (and when the mini requires unique consumables, also moving on to size 2 and then 3 and possibly 4).
2) Sometimes I know how much organ size I want to leave free, and would prefer to not have to see anything that would take me over that limit
3) Contrariwise, when overdrinking or doing anything that gets better with bigger consumables, I would prefer to not see anything small

Related points:
A) It would be nice if every autofiltertextfield had a help button or mouseover that would explain these advanced filters. I only found one of them by accident and the others by looking in the source.
B) Filterting by autosellprice in food/booze/spleen subpanels of item manager does not actually work; all items behave as if their price is below zero. (it works in restorers, all general subpanels, and equipment, e.i. it does not work where the "items" are potentially concoctions). Can we make that work?
C) Filtering by autosellprice is not that useful. Can we get filtering by (last known) mallprice too?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I would also find this useful. I'm not likely to be the one that works on updating that part of the GUI though.

3) Contrariwise, when overdrinking or doing anything that gets better with bigger consumables, I would prefer to not see anything small
I usually handle this by unchecking the "per drunk" checkbox for overdrinking.

B) Filterting by autosellprice in food/booze/spleen subpanels of item manager does not actually work; all items behave as if their price is below zero. (it works in restorers, all general subpanels, and equipment, e.i. it does not work where the "items" are potentially concoctions). Can we make that work?
C) Filtering by autosellprice is not that useful. Can we get filtering by (last known) mallprice too?

Given that the General section can be sorted by autosell price, I don't actually understand what benefits there are from that filter. Since you can also sort by mallprice, that seems like an equally (un?)useful filter. Probably not too difficult to add mallprice filtering to panels that already have autosell filtering, if someone were looking into it, but I would probably argue for removing the former and not adding the latter instead. Unless your goal is to filter out expensive consumables, making C) completely predicated on the assumption that B) will happen in the way you're hoping for.

xKiv

I usually handle this by unchecking the "per drunk" checkbox for overdrinking.

That doesn't necessarily put all the big ones first. You can have large adv/stat gains from a small thing.
It also has the (for me) disadvantage of being a persistent setting. I forget I toggled it, and then I don't realize mafia isn't suggesting what I expect it to suggest, and then I pick suboptimal consumables.

Given that the General section can be sorted by autosell price, I don't actually understand what benefits there are from that filter. Since you can also sort by mallprice, that seems like an equally (un?)useful filter. Probably not too difficult to add mallprice filtering to panels that already have autosell filtering, if someone were looking into it, but I would probably argue for removing the former and not adding the latter instead. Unless your goal is to filter out expensive consumables, making C) completely predicated on the assumption that B) will happen in the way you're hoping for.

That was generally for completeness, because when I was looking for how the filter works, I first noticed it can filter by price, then I noticed it doesn't work (for consumables), then I noticed it's autosell price.

That doesn't necessarily put all the big ones first. You can have large adv/stat gains from a small thing.
It also has the (for me) disadvantage of being a persistent setting. I forget I toggled it, and then I don't realize mafia isn't suggesting what I expect it to suggest, and then I pick suboptimal consumables.

It does work, because you are only concerned with the values per drink as opposed to per drunk, which is precisely what unchecking that box does.(Well, except during Sneaky Pete's: green beers complicate nightcap consideration.) The persistent setting part is true though, I've been confused by that before. (Especially because it's persistent across all three pages, and I never care for the per fullness or per spleen values).

Last edited:

xKiv

It does work, because you are only concerned with the values per drink as opposed to per drunk

This is a generic "bigger is better", not necessarilly "more adventures is better". I don't expect it to be really useful to everyone, or even every year.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This is a generic "bigger is better", not necessarilly "more adventures is better". I don't expect it to be really useful to everyone, or even every year.

I can't think of a single case where it has ever been relevant outside of overdrinking, which makes it seem like a strange request.

xKiv

I can't think of a single case where it has ever been relevant outside of overdrinking, which makes it seem like a strange request.

I *think* it's relevant for one of Jarlsberg's passives, and it might help deciding what's good when forking/mugging?

xKiv

Well, I at least wrote my own patch for the size filter: View attachment sizefilter.diff

It might not be entirely correct, I have many other local changes.

It's also only adding the @<=>12345 syntax for filtering, not any explanatory help texts.