Bug - Not A Bug Maximizer doesn't consider all available NPC store items

Malibu Stacey

Started a new run (HC AoSP not that it will make a difference, seen this in regular classes in Normal runs too) with Vole moon sign so I have Friendly DeGrassi Knoll.
Selected DA in the Maximizer. Have 'pullable/buyable' and 'buyable only' selected.
Click update. Doesn't suggest buying the Maiden Wig (power 35) & Frilly Skirt (power 35) even though I don't have a hat equipped and the currently equipped pants are the old sweatpants (power 10). I have 9k meat on hand at present so it's not that (max price section in the maximizer is blank).

Might affect other NPC stores but if I select Initiative it recommends the Third Hand Lantern from the General Store so that one at least works.
Actually now that I check, it should be recommending hat and pants from the Armory and Leggery which it is not.

I have visited the NPC stores at least once in the relay browser and "Buy items from NPC stores whenever needed" is enabled in Preferences -> Item Acquisition.

Code:
> version

KoLmafia v17.6 r18258

Darzil

Developer
Interesting, a quick look at some examples (and took a while to track down), suggests that when we are trying to see if an item is better than nothing, we are comparing only DA as straight bonus, not including Power. Or something like that.

On a naked alt with all pants and hats closeted (aftercore), and max price set to 99 to exclude mall, it won't suggest buying them, but will if they are explicitly requested, so definitely looks like a comparison issue not a shopping one.

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, looks like issue is that we send equipment to getScore before considering power for weapon damage or DA. That should be changed.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, looks like issue is that we send equipment to getScore before considering power for weapon damage or DA. That should be changed.

Hm. I'm not sure if I agree with this -- if you're optimizing for weapon damage or DA because of an in-game mechanic other than combat (e.g. for Community Service), then gear power may actually lead to a suboptimal choice -- e.g. pitchfork would probably "lose" to an obsidian nutcracker.

While it is true that there is currently no way to maximize for power or DA from enchants alone (and such a thing might be useful), there shouldn't be a difference in behavior between equipment you own and equipment you could buy. (I don't think there is currently anything that requires DA from enchantments, there is however the hat/pants power pvp mini).

Darzil

Developer
There isn't a difference, I think (Other than you wouldn't want it trying to buy things that aren't better than what you have).

This is sounding like an oddity rather than needing a fix ?

The issue is that the calculation starts by looking at equipment that helps with the thing you are maximizing, not taking into account base weapon damage or clothing power. The issue here is that you wouldn't change your equipment based on this, as all those without extra weapon damage / DA score 0 at that stage. As a result they are never pushed forward.