Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I want to do certain things at the start of each "day"

I think they actually went to General -> Daily Deeds to open a separate window. Maybe that doesn't actually open to Daily Deeds by default, making the name confusing?
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    I didn't know that. When I did it, I did get what I expected for Daily Deeds, but the same drop down menu does exist. If the OP does that, has the words "Daily Deeds" selected in the drop down and does not see something similar to what I posted then we have a head scratcher. However if they don't see Daily Deeds then they need to select it from the drop down and then there is (probably) a Bug Report to be filed because General->Daily Deeds doesn't actually choose the Daily Deeds.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

I've kind of been tearing my hair out, really.
    Originally Posted by anachronda View Post
    Have you tried looking around the forums to see if perhaps there is a script to do what you are looking to do?

For example: Rollover-Management is a script that I wrote that can easily be modified to be used first thing when you log in. I personally use it at the end of the day to pick up the things all my other script might have missed. It checks for what I believe to be (at the time of writing the script) everything that can be done/cast/summoned/adventured/etc FREE each day. It does not however cast the genie wishes, or solve the KGB for you. There's plenty of other scripts (or even a simple chat macro "/wish more wishes" out there that can do just that.

It's pretty simple to write a script that calls multiple other scripts (You can use my rollover management to call the KGB script for example). Then you can have everything you want done, done all at once, or you can choose to do things one at a time.

It's always a good idea to search the forums before asking questions, at least I've found it helpful myself. You would be amazed the information you can find, and the scripts that have been written so long ago, the forum is buried!

Thank you for your replies.

It did turn out that what I was missing in part was checkmarking "breakfast." I always thought breakfast meant a meal, and that is one thing I could not find out how to set (what to have for that meal). Once I did check that box, after making sure that the automation stuff was all checked and the pulldowns were set at the bottom of those sections, the majority of things did happen.

As for daily deeds, I had moved things into that in the preferences but nothing was showing up when I actually launched the panel/window. All I was seeing was stuff about substats and events. As it turns out, this is because the default is to show the session and not the deeds, and there is a pulldown I was missing.

I'm still working on making Daily Deeds have all the stuff it could have in it, and tweaking it. I don't think all my selections are showing there yet, but I could be wrong and will work on specifics if it turns out there actually are missing items there. If it turns out to be the case I should probably make another thread for that question.

As for scripting, it was mainly my intention to first establish what stuff mafia does without it, and then script anything else or snag one that does what I need. I thought that probably the stuff I most needed was general enough everyone already wants to do it, and it looks like I was correct. At this point my question would be whether putting a script in the "on login" space would replace "breakfast" and make it not run, or whether it would run after "breakfast." If I am not mistaken, putting a script in the recovery field replaces the built-in autorecovery - thus the question.

As for meals and whatnot, it would be interesting to figure out how to automate that, too. Maybe even acquisition of the elements of those meals. I noticed there is an acquire command, but maybe it doesn't get things from the mall like I would need it to?

As for meals and whatnot, it would be interesting to figure out how to automate that, too. Maybe even acquisition of the elements of those meals. I noticed there is an acquire command, but maybe it doesn't get things from the mall like I would need it to?
    There are scripts for that. The one I use is EatDrink.

Developer

At this point my question would be whether putting a script in the "on login" space would replace "breakfast" and make it not run, or whether it would run after "breakfast."
    Your login script runs after mafia runs its set of breakfast activities.

If I am not mistaken, putting a script in the recovery field replaces the built-in autorecovery - thus the question.
    Correct.

At this point my question would be whether putting a script in the "on login" space would replace "breakfast" and make it not run, or whether it would run after "breakfast." If I am not mistaken, putting a script in the recovery field replaces the built-in autorecovery - thus the question.
    The breakfast checkbook on the log in page is not overridden by the presence of a login script. However, order of things matters and breakfast is first. I store some "breakfast" items in my DC and the login script pulls them. I leave the checkbox unchecked and call the command "breakfast" from the login script after I have pulled from the DC.

If you set an auto recovery script then it will be run instead of mafia's internals, although your script can invoke them if you want.

I don't recall being present when it was named but I do remember a time when "breakfast" was the word mafia devs and users agreed upon as meaning "all those things you do first thing in the morning". Eating, drinking and spleening were understood NOT to be part of breakfast because sometimes you wanted to adventure before doing those. They were also not generally part of mafia automation because there were too many choices and preferences, hence EatDrink.ash. But after a decade some of those nuances have been obscured and there is probably a better name for "breakfast".
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards