New Content - Implemented Nov '17 IOTM: pantogram -> portable pantogram

Unknown item found: pantogram (9572, 575248858)
--------------------
9572 pantogram 575248858 pantogramgram.gif usable t 0
# Item pantogram
--------------------
Unknown item found: portable pantogram (9573, 202660346)
--------------------
9573 portable pantogram 202660346 pantagramaltar.gif usable 0
# Item portable pantogram
--------------------

Unknown item found: Bloody Stealthy Denim Jorts of Mauling of the Pervert (9574, 508365377)
--------------------
9574 Bloody Stealthy Denim Jorts of Mauling of the Pervert 508365377 pantos17.gif pants q 0
Bloody Stealthy Denim Jorts of Mauling of the Pervert 100 none
Item Bloody Stealthy Denim Jorts of Mauling of the Pervert Lasts Until Rollover
--------------------

According to the forum thread, the pants are procedurally named, and their canonical name is "pantogram pants".

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Variable modifiers aren't a big deal to handle, we already handle that for other stuff.

I don't know what to do for a procedurally generated name.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The "You acquire an item:" message from KoL currently leads KoLmafia to report "Unrecognized item found:" and add nothing to inventory, so it needs some sort of handling.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
With 18258, the variable name is handled now (for recognizing when you get it), and the enchantments are handled, and items are removed from inventory as needed. There's no handling for "Makes you a better diver" because I think that can have varying strengths.

I assume people will want some way to automate creating these pants, but I have no ideas for syntax/interface to make that happen.

I assume people will want some way to automate creating these pants, but I have no ideas for syntax/interface to make that happen.

All I'd want is a flag that tells us we've created some pants already, although, I could just check inventory and equipped status (this may have happened by r18258 and I just didn't notice yet).

Since I can't seem to closet or display case the pants, it'll never get too far away at least.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Items that disappear at the end of the day are also Quest items. Many KoL quests could be severely broken if you found any way to move them somewhere. So if you actually do find something, then it's a meaningful KoL bug that should be reported there.

ereinion

Using a ten-leaf clover to craft pants does not deduct it from mafia's inventory (sadly it is removed from my inventory in kol). I'm gonna guess the same is true for other items spent crafting the pants too.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Using a ten-leaf clover to craft pants does not deduct it from mafia's inventory (sadly it is removed from my inventory in kol). I'm gonna guess the same is true for other items spent crafting the pants too.

It was only clovers. Typo fixed in 18262.

A cli command to make your pants could be useful, though it might be tricky to come up with succint descriptions for all the options.

Edit: Ideally something like: "pantogram mus|mys|mox|mainstat cold|hot|stench|spooky|sleaze [hp|mp|lowhpregen|midhpregen|highhpregen|lowmpregen|midmpregen|highmpregen|mpcost|potion|jelly|oil|cola|crude|crystal|baconstone] [combat|noncombat|initiative|critical|familiarweight|candy|diving|fishing|pool|purple|hilarity|skin|hamethyst|candy|crystal|worm|8-ball|weed|clover] [weapon|spell|lowmeat|highmeat|lowitem|highitem|musstat|myststat|moxstat|musgain|mysgain|moxgain|shell|porquoise|boat|dancer|firecracker|lid|web|marrow|battery|funk]". You could do either effects or items sacrifices, but having would give people more freedom, which can keep scripts more readable in a way that makes sense to them. (I like to sacrifice bubblin' crudes, since they are cheap for a useful benefit, but if I see the medmpregen in a script a year from now, I'm probably not going to remember that).

The hardest part probably would be properly parsing the second and third optional sacrifices when you leave out the first, though you could make them all required fields. The main downside would be that it forces people to sacrifice 'something' if they don't like the free options, which would be most likely with the middle slot.

Last edited:
Yeah, I kinda figured, that hypothetical help line does look kinda terrifying.
It's just that it actually is something that occasionally gets asked about in chat and such, so there is apparently a need/desire for such a feature.

Darzil

Developer
The real challenge with that one is working out a better way of handling it than either A - It's interface, or B - A script you can knock together that does the same thing every time.

Each person is likely to want a limited selection of choices, to make it simpler, but different ones . . .

Boesbert

I have a very simple request, I am not sure it warrants its own thread, so sorry for bumping this one:

A link to equipping the newly created pantogram pants from the result page right after creating it. Would save one or two clicks I guess.