Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nov '17 IOTM: pantogram -> portable pantogram

Using a ten-leaf clover to craft pants does not deduct it from mafia's inventory (sadly it is removed from my inventory in kol). I'm gonna guess the same is true for other items spent crafting the pants too.
    Originally Posted by ereinion View Post
    It was only clovers. Typo fixed in 18262.

Developer

Are we done here ?

A cli command to make your pants could be useful, though it might be tricky to come up with succint descriptions for all the options.

Edit: Ideally something like: "pantogram mus|mys|mox|mainstat cold|hot|stench|spooky|sleaze [hp|mp|lowhpregen|midhpregen|highhpregen|lowmpregen |midmpregen|highmpregen|mpcost|potion|jelly|oil|co la|crude|crystal|baconstone] [combat|noncombat|initiative|critical|familiarweigh t|candy|diving|fishing|pool|purple|hilarity|skin|h amethyst|candy|crystal|worm|8-ball|weed|clover] [weapon|spell|lowmeat|highmeat|lowitem|highitem|mus stat|myststat|moxstat|musgain|mysgain|moxgain|shel l|porquoise|boat|dancer|firecracker|lid|web|marrow |battery|funk]". You could do either effects of items sacrifices, but having would give people more freedom, which can keep scripts more readable in a way that makes sense to them. (I like to sacrifice bubblin' crudes, since they are cheap for a useful benefit, but if I see the medmpregen in a script a year from now, I'm probably not going to remember that).

The hardest part probably would be properly parsing the second and third optional sacrifices when you leave out the first, though you could make them all required fields. The main downside would be that it forces people to sacrifice 'something' if they don't like the free options, which would be most likely with the middle slot.

The horrible syntax and large number of effectively required parameters is why I decided against making a command.

Yeah, I kinda figured, that hypothetical help line does look kinda terrifying.
    It's just that it actually is something that occasionally gets asked about in chat and such, so there is apparently a need/desire for such a feature.

Developer

The real challenge with that one is working out a better way of handling it than either A - It's interface, or B - A script you can knock together that does the same thing every time.

Each person is likely to want a limited selection of choices, to make it simpler, but different ones . . .