Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nov '17 IOTM: pantogram -> portable pantogram

Default Nov '17 IOTM: pantogram -> portable pantogram

Unknown item found: pantogram (9572, 575248858)
    --------------------
    9572 pantogram 575248858 pantogramgram.gif usable t 0
    # Item pantogram
    --------------------
    Unknown item found: portable pantogram (9573, 202660346)
    --------------------
    9573 portable pantogram 202660346 pantagramaltar.gif usable 0
    # Item portable pantogram
    --------------------

Unknown item found: Bloody Stealthy Denim Jorts of Mauling of the Pervert (9574, 508365377)
    --------------------
    9574 Bloody Stealthy Denim Jorts of Mauling of the Pervert 508365377 pantos17.gif pants q 0
    Bloody Stealthy Denim Jorts of Mauling of the Pervert 100 none
    Item Bloody Stealthy Denim Jorts of Mauling of the Pervert Lasts Until Rollover
    --------------------

According to the forum thread, the pants are procedurally named, and their canonical name is "pantogram pants".

Variable modifiers aren't a big deal to handle, we already handle that for other stuff.

I don't know what to do for a procedurally generated name.

Developer

I think it's 'actual' name is pantogram pants, I recall from chat. (eg for use with equip)

The "You acquire an item:" message from KoL currently leads KoLmafia to report "Unrecognized item found:" and add nothing to inventory, so it needs some sort of handling.

With 18258, the variable name is handled now (for recognizing when you get it), and the enchantments are handled, and items are removed from inventory as needed. There's no handling for "Makes you a better diver" because I think that can have varying strengths.

I assume people will want some way to automate creating these pants, but I have no ideas for syntax/interface to make that happen.

I assume people will want some way to automate creating these pants, but I have no ideas for syntax/interface to make that happen.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    All I'd want is a flag that tells us we've created some pants already, although, I could just check inventory and equipped status (this may have happened by r18258 and I just didn't notice yet).

Since I can't seem to closet or display case the pants, it'll never get too far away at least.

I figured a setting wasn't needed since inventory + equipped will do.

Since I can't seem to closet or display case the pants, it'll never get too far away at least.
    Originally Posted by cheesecookie View Post
    Also, can't pulverize, as far as I can tell.

Items that disappear at the end of the day are also Quest items. Many KoL quests could be severely broken if you found any way to move them somewhere. So if you actually do find something, then it's a meaningful KoL bug that should be reported there.

Using a ten-leaf clover to craft pants does not deduct it from mafia's inventory (sadly it is removed from my inventory in kol). I'm gonna guess the same is true for other items spent crafting the pants too.