How do I make mafia HP/MP recovery occur after combat instead of before combat

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Why do you want that?

If it runs before combat, you get healed up before going in to a fight - which is exactly when you need it.
If it runs after combat, you get healed up even if you are done for the day and would get healed simply by resting over night.

That said, you can provide an afterAdventure script which will do whatever you want. The "script" can even be simple CLI commands.

Go to Preferences
Select Automation
In the Post-Adventure box put:

restore hp; restore mp

taltamir

Why do you want that?

If it runs before combat, you get healed up before going in to a fight - which is exactly when you need it.
If it runs after combat, you get healed up even if you are done for the day and would get healed simply by resting over night.
In hardcore and ronin I have limited access to resources (even worse, I have yet to perm a healing skill meaning for many turns I am healing via potions bought from doc galaktik). So sometimes the script fails due to lack of resources, and I don't notice until I start combat with insufficient HP/MP and get beaten up for it.
The script failing will halt auto adventure but not manual adventure via the relay browser. Also when I messed with scripts (installing external ones) that broke this function, I often didn't notice for some time.

I am also finding the lack of immediate feedback when changing the % targets of auto healing to be bothersome. I like to know exactly how much HP/MP I am going to go into combat with before I click on the adventure button, so that I will know if I need to manually top it off (since I set the fairly conservative values of 80% HP and 50% MP)

Also the HP/MP gained by the basic tent is very low (iirc 8 each).
Furthermore, by the time I even bother upgrading it I am probably in aftercore or very near it, where such a loss of meat is trivial.

That said, you can provide an afterAdventure script which will do whatever you want. The "script" can even be simple CLI commands.

Go to Preferences
Select Automation
In the Post-Adventure box put:

restore hp; restore mp
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So sometimes the script fails due to lack of resources, and I don't notice until I start combat with insufficient HP/MP and get beaten up for it.
The script failing will halt auto adventure but not manual adventure via the relay browser.

Preferences -> Relay Browser -> Show a warning if any of the above maintenances fails

Check that and you'll get the same notice for manual adventuring, as long as the appropriate box above that is checked to maintain health during manual adventuring.

taltamir

Preferences -> Relay Browser -> Show a warning if any of the above maintenances fails

Check that and you'll get the same notice for manual adventuring, as long as the appropriate box above that is checked to maintain health during manual adventuring.
thank you