Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "You're on your own, partner." From both cheese and bumcheeks scripts, need help?

keep in mind that KoLmafia is free and maintained by volunteers who receive no compensation.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    (and this includes all* player-contributed scripts!)

(* at least I believe it's all of them, turtlemechs and souls notwithstanding)

Visiting a Science Tent
    Encounter: Dr. Gordon Stuart, a Scientist

[739] Dr. Gordon Stuart's Science Tent
    Encounter: Eldritch Tentacle
    Round 0: Disarm wins initiative!
    Round 1: As your opponent moves to attack you, Shooooooshiiiiii whispers the exact date and time of its death. It looks at his watch, and doesn't like what it sees.
    ccAdvBypass has encountered a combat! (param: '')

[739] Noob Cave
    Encounter: Eldritch Tentacle
    Round 0: Disarm loses initiative!
    cc_combatHandler: 0
    Round 1: Disarm casts UTENSIL TWIST!
    Round 2: Eldritch Tentacle takes 10 damage.
    Round 2: You lose 19 hit points
    Round 2: Disarm casts UTENSIL TWIST!
    Round 3: Eldritch Tentacle takes 9 damage.
    Round 3: You lose 16 hit points
    Round 3: Disarm casts UTENSIL TWIST!
    Round 4: Eldritch Tentacle takes 9 damage.
    Round 4: You lose 16 hit points
    Round 4: Disarm casts UTENSIL TWIST!
    Round 5: Eldritch Tentacle takes 9 damage.
    Round 5: You lose 18 hit points
    Round 5: Disarm casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
    KoLmafia declares world peace.
    Round 6: You lose 17 hit points
    Click here to continue in the relay browser.
    Originally Posted by Disarm View Post
    Is this happening elsewhere? The Tentacle fight probably just needs to be gated more carefully (note that the big boss will always randomly crush but without a turn cost at least).

@cheesecookie, yes its for all my fights, I was also in the castle in the sky at that time casting utensil twist on giants.

@ frono, Im using cheesecookie's script only, and have tried the relay browser settings, nothing there relates to gear or combat choices...

As I said before I appreciate the time spent by scriptors, just feel I must be missing something crucial to get this to work. I dont need intense optimization but a little bit to save from wearing all moxie gear as a pastamancer, casting utensil twists and dying, etc.. right?

Do I need to edit parts of the script in visual studo or something to get combat to work properly at least?

>What are you doing for HP restore? Are you using the KoLmafia settings or Universal Recovery? What are the thresholds for HP restoration? Are there "restore" items/methods checked? Do you have those items and have you allowed KoLmafia to buy them if not? Do you have enough meat on hand to do so?

How are you handling combat? Do you have your own CCS or are you using a consult script or are you expecting whatever the ascension script defaults to?

To itemize this.. for hp restore, I have enough good gear (kremlins briefcase, tot orphan, 1 astral piece, protonic accelerator pack, etc..) to survive almost every combat and heal to full health. I one shot mostly everything, a boss is 2 shots, even with +ML. The tot heals me after combat.

Kolmafia settings or universal recovery? Unsure what you mean here. I run cc_ascend and have come here to post some issues Ive had with it

Thresholds / restore, unsure what you mean again. If I die due to the script, I fix myself up in relay browser (cc_ascend has stopped)

Im not using CCS, I dont have auto attack enabled, I am quite literally running cc_ascend and posting about my experiences with it here. I am not sure if cc ascend needs other settings in kol mafa itself tweaked to work, and Im starting to think it does, going off your questions?

Ok. I have not run cc-ascend in a while so some of my prior comments are probably not helpful. I also note the lack of a thread on kolmafia.us that lets me immediately find the prerequisites for the script and thus suggest things you might have missed. Which raises the question - what is the URL you are using to get the script and where did you find the URL. The former might inspire me to look at the current code to help with questions and the latter might tell us were some of you expectations could have been better managed.

On the restore questions...

Consider the situation where a character can one shot all opponents but the typical opponent will hit for about 75% of the character's HP. Any time the fight starts when the character is at 74% (or less) HP and loses initiative is a loss for the character. Any fight above 75% is always won. Once you figure this out you are likely to want to take steps to make sure you enter every fight with at least 75% of you HP. KoLmafia can do that for you, if you let it.

In Adventure, there is a tab labelled HP/MP Usage. On that tab you can tell mafia how low your HP (and MP) has to be before it starts trying to recover HP for you automatically. You can also specify how much HP you would like to recover. You can check items that mafia will try and use to recover. It will even buy those items if you allow mafia to buy from the mall or NPC stores.

These are the settings I was asking about with reference to recovery. Setting the thresholds is a tradeoff. If they are too low, you lose a lot of fights. If they are too high you spend meat and some times, for some characters, meat is scarce.

As you might imagine there are opportunities to optimize this - use tiny houses if you need both HP and MO, prefer restore options that are efficient in term of cost per point restored, don't use a 100 point item to restore 49 points, and so on. mafia allows you to specify a script to manage the recovery. (Look at Preferences->Automation to set it), Bale's Universal Recovery script does this so satisfactorily that no one has felt compelled to publish an alternative.

So now you know what the recovery settings are and how to being to manage them.

I won't pursue the combat related items because one of your log snippets suggests cc_ascend is managing combat.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Thanks, Ill check it out. Im using cc ascend from here http://alliancefromhell.com/viewtopic.php?t=6363

CODE: SELECT ALL
    svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/ccascend/code/cc_ascend

I ascended again today, my fourth time. I did not attempt ccascend, mainly because of the combat issue from last time, could not find a solution. Ive managed to get to level 8 on my day 1 without a rollover, so Im happy with that so far, but its taken a long chunk out of my day.

I didn't want to run the risk of getting the same problems as before and no way to fix them internally.. I just want some quick karma to boost me, and I had the time so why not. Ill be back to ccascend as soon as I dont have the time (in coming days)

So as far as ccascend goes, would still like to know how to fix when gear changes are.. strange, and most importantly very odd combat choices leading to death, and not sure how to set a good attack.

Ill delve more in to kol mafia's settings that should help my solo stuff for now

Are you actually dying in combat? Because, even if you think the choices are suboptimal, and even if they are suboptimal, if you are still progressing, it doesn't matter.

I assume no script expects you have that many clovers since you won't continue to be getting the extra clovers after some more ascensions.

Why do people insist on watching and complaining about automation if it isn't failing? Being a backseat driver might mean you should take the wheel for yourself.
    Originally Posted by cheesecookie View Post
    Hi Cheesecookie,

Sorry, this is rather odd, but I have not found another way of contacting you. Could you send me the code for the "alliance from hell"-forums? I would like to ask a few questions about your Ed HC-acension script over there. Cheers.

Hi Cheesecookie,

Sorry, this is rather odd, but I have not found another way of contacting you. Could you send me the code for the "alliance from hell"-forums? I would like to ask a few questions about your Ed HC-acension script over there. Cheers.
    Originally Posted by Stokesey View Post
    You should have an easier time finding that code than Cheesecookie, given that the registration page tells you where to get it from.

You should have an easier time finding that code than Cheesecookie, given that the registration page tells you where to get it from.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    You'd think that, right? However, I have no idea how to find that profile in KoL. I asked a couple of times in the newbie-chat, but no reply. Could you help me out? How do I search for another player's profile?

@cheesecookie, yes its for all my fights, I was also in the castle in the sky at that time casting utensil twist on giants.

As I said before I appreciate the time spent by scriptors, just feel I must be missing something crucial to get this to work. I dont need intense optimization but a little bit to save from wearing all moxie gear as a pastamancer, casting utensil twists and dying, etc.. right?

>What are you doing for HP restore? Are you using the KoLmafia settings or Universal Recovery? What are the thresholds for HP restoration? Are there "restore" items/methods checked? Do you have those items and have you allowed KoLmafia to buy them if not? Do you have enough meat on hand to do so?

How are you handling combat? Do you have your own CCS or are you using a consult script or are you expecting whatever the ascension script defaults to?

To itemize this.. for hp restore, I have enough good gear (kremlins briefcase, tot orphan, 1 astral piece, protonic accelerator pack, etc..) to survive almost every combat and heal to full health. I one shot mostly everything, a boss is 2 shots, even with +ML. The tot heals me after combat.

Kolmafia settings or universal recovery? Unsure what you mean here. I run cc_ascend and have come here to post some issues Ive had with it

Thresholds / restore, unsure what you mean again. If I die due to the script, I fix myself up in relay browser (cc_ascend has stopped)

Im not using CCS, I dont have auto attack enabled, I am quite literally running cc_ascend and posting about my experiences with it here. I am not sure if cc ascend needs other settings in kol mafa itself tweaked to work, and Im starting to think it does, going off your questions?
    Originally Posted by Disarm View Post
    The problem seems to stem more from "I (as in Cheesecookie) do not understand combat as a Pastamancer", than anything else. I was pretty much told that utensil twist wins all and went with that. I never play Pastamancer so I don't know.

cc_ascend ignores restoration settings and disables them for the session. It is not meant to rely on other mafia settings, which was my initial frustration with using some scripts.

It generally doesn't need other settings. So, regarding equipment: The equipment manager is a mess, some code has been written to make the process of fixing that simpler but no idea when I'll have time to work on that further. I can patch in some stuff, to do so, I just need to following information:

For any given slot, what should be equipped and what is actually equipped? There may be multiple answers to this (there should be as it is dependent on when in run).

The script will probably not run the Tater Tot, it is not aware of hp-restoring familiars as that is not something that has come up before.

Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    I also had absolutely no idea what he was asking about.

You'd think that, right? However, I have no idea how to find that profile in KoL. I asked a couple of times in the newbie-chat, but no reply. Could you help me out? How do I search for another player's profile?
    Originally Posted by Stokesey View Post
    Kmail > Write Message > Search Players