Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Genie

Default Genie

A relay interface and command-line script for September 2017's Item-of-the-Month.

How do I use it?
    Install it by running this command in KoLmafia's graphical CLI:

Code:
    svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Genie/branches/Release/
    Then restart mafia. (not required, but do so if the override doesn't show up)

After that, either visit the genie in his bottle, or run the "genie" command-line program.
    I might remove the command-line genie script later, if mafia implements it as a command.

This script uses a choice override library I wrote, so installing it will replace choice.ash, if you're using one.

Screenshot:
    genie.png

To update the script itself (or any script), run this command in the graphical CLI:

Code:
    svn update
    Github: https://github.com/Ezandora/Genie/
    Contact me in-game: Ezandora (#1557284)

As always you come through. Thanks!

Yes. Thank you !

Clicked a button labeled "+200% meat" and got this response with the most recent version:

You announce, "I wish to be Covetin' Drunk"
    Okay, sure, but first you'll have to rephrase that so I can understand it.
    You could try, "I wish I was cooler"

Yes. Thank you !

Clicked a button labeled "+200% meat" and got this response with the most recent version:

You announce, "I wish to be Covetin' Drunk"
    Okay, sure, but first you'll have to rephrase that so I can understand it.
    You could try, "I wish I was cooler"

Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
    I get that issue when I'm in a CS run trying to get the +Spell damage buff. It's not the script, it's the genie. I wish i knew why he gives SOME buffs, but not others...

Simple answer: because TPTB deemed some buffs to powerful and blacklisted them. Currently, everyone is frantically trying to find out what is available and what isn't.

And it will probably keep changing.

And it will probably keep changing.
    Originally Posted by xKiv View Post
    I'm pretty sure nothing has changed with effects since the item was released.

Developer

Simple answer: because TPTB deemed some buffs to powerful and blacklisted them. Currently, everyone is frantically trying to find out what is available and what isn't.
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    s/TPTB/the dev team/

Ezandora, would you consider using my solution to the choice.php problem? It's much more compact, and uses your browser's abilities rather than trying to hack a file_exists() in ASH.

If not, no worries; I'll convert this excellent-looking Genie script over so that I can use it without obliterating my splitter.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I made a quick thing to find the magic word for the genie trophy puzzle. (You need to collect 11 dropped scraps of paper from fighting the genie for this to work. Wishing for "trophy [your word here]" gives you, shockingly, a trophy.) Doesn't seem like a big enough deal for its own entire thread, so I'm going to use this thread, instead. Feel free to toss the code into the script this thread is actually for if you want to:

geniecipher.ash

The puzzle ridiculously requires a lengthy volume of Arabian Nights, and I didn't want to slam Gutenberg's servers every time someone runs the script, so you'll need this too (put in /scripts or /data):

3447-8-oneline.txt
    Last edited by guyy; 09-13-2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: continuing to not understand how numbers are spelled