New Content corked genie bottle

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When used, becomes a genie bottle, which is a reusable item.
When used, redirects to choice #1267

choice.php?whichchoice=1267&option=1&wish=TEXT

Usable 3 times per (successful) wish per day.

Like the Deck of Every Card, don't need to remember if you've used this because you either have the item or you don't.

Like the Deck of Every Card, some options lead to combats and some don't. Therefore, we should probably have a special Class to handle the genie bottle, like the deck, once enough spading has occurred to actually understand what the options are. :)

Last edited:

xKiv

pocket wish
Code:
9537	pocket wish	560865539	whitecard.gif	usable	t	0
is the tradeable wish-granting item. I used one (bought from mall) after taking all 3 of my faily wishes on old tower monsters, and it worked. I don't know if it increased my daily wishes by 1, or just *said* I have 1 left. Wiki seems to imply it increases the limit for that day by 1. Should be easy to verify by someone who has *not* used up all 3 bottle wishes that day yet.

icon315

I don't know if it increased my daily wishes by 1, or just *said* I have 1 left. Wiki seems to imply it increases the limit for that day by 1. Should be easy to verify by someone who has *not* used up all 3 bottle wishes that day yet.

It always says 1, whether or not you have your bottle wishes left.

zarqon

my genie friend said:
You announce, "I wish those days could come back once more"
Abracadense, that didn't make sense!

I'll admit to some major disappointment there. Second thing I thought of after the baller/taller lyrics.

ETA: Also didn't understand "I wish to be a real boy" or "I wish for peace on earth". :D Man.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

With r18206:
Code:
New monster #2029 found in Manuel with name 'Genie' image 'genie_mad.gif' attributes ='Scale: ? Cap: ? Floor: ? Init: -10000 P: elemental'

Darzil

Developer
If you know them, yes please !

Normally scale is simple to work out (have moderate stats, then attack will be Mox + ML + Scale, defense will be Mus + ML + Scale).
For Floor I unbuff Mox or Mus to 1 and have negative ML.
For Cap I buff Mox or Mus high (should cap at Cap + ML).

Magus_Prime

With r18207 after wishing for a few ponies:

Code:
--------------------
9536	magical pony: Spectrum Dash	391123089	pony1.gif	none	g,d	5
# Item magical pony: Spectrum Dash
--------------------
--------------------
9533	magical pony: Pearjack	267454164	pony4.gif	none	g,d	5
# Item magical pony: Pearjack
--------------------

Last edited:

theo1001

Code:
--------------------
9532 magical pony: Shutterfly 837660676 pony5.gif none g,d 5
# Item magical pony: Shutterfly
--------------------

Yendor

There needs to be checks so genie fights don't trigger semi-rare and wanderer counters and all the usual stuff.

Darzil

Developer
I guess someone tried to do that, does it not work?

case ItemPool.GENIE_BOTTLE:
itemName = "genie bottle";
// Do not ignore special monsters here. That is handled
// elsewhere, just for the cases that will be a combat.
break;

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The "handled elsewhere" code is not present yet. It was cut-and-paste from the Deck of Many Cards code.
My expectation was that we'd have GenieBottleRequest.java, by and by, which would recognize when a fight was expected vs. everything else.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think postChoice2 in ChoiceManager can look for the Fight link to handle that? Perhaps postChoice1, or maybe it doesn't matter.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If it you click on a choice, it redirects to fight.php.
Maybe the methods you mention will suffice.
Maybe not.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm not finding anywhere that parses the page when you initially reach choice.php after being redirected from using an item. That would be the most reasonable place to check for "You are using a pocket wish!" or "You have 2 wishes left today." for properly tracking wishes used. I can't tell if I'm overlooking something or if there really has never been a need to parse that before.