New Content - Implemented Live. Ascend. Repeat.

zarqon

Didn't see a thread for the current challenge path, so I made one!

Two issues I've come across so far:

First, fortune cookie counters. I had ALL my numbers get discarded by mafia when eating two cookies in HC L.A.R. due to the fact that semirares are always 110 turns apart. Your first semirare is also always at turn 76. I didn't know this yet when eating the cookies, of course.

So rather than window begin/end counters, in LAR we can simply have Fortune Cookie counters. Yay!

Secondly, and this is a fairly small issue, appearance_rates(wherever, true) should not adjust the rate of noncombats by your +/-combat modifier, since in this path the modifier does nothing.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
First, fortune cookie counters. I had ALL my numbers get discarded by mafia when eating two cookies in HC L.A.R. due to the fact that semirares are always 110 turns apart. Your first semirare is also always at turn 76. I didn't know this yet when eating the cookies, of course.

So rather than window begin/end counters, in LAR we can simply have Fortune Cookie counters. Yay!
It's slightly more complicated than that. If you spend a semirare turn somewhere that won't start the semirare counter (shoring, cooking, whatever), then the next 110 turn counter isn't started until you go somewhere that will start it.

Secondly, and this is a fairly small issue, appearance_rates(wherever, true) should not adjust the rate of noncombats by your +/-combat modifier, since in this path the modifier does nothing.

Technically there's only 1 possible encounter per location per turn, so appearance_rates() is just wrong in general.