Bug - Cannot Reproduce Mafia not updating maxdrunk after LI-11 increases it if maxdrunk was reached

anachronda

This is while playing the License to Adventure path

I just ran into this today, so I haven't had a chance to reproduce it and get better data. What I did was as follows:

1) drank until my liver was full (not yet falling down drunk)
2) levelled, increasing max drunkenness by 1, drank again, mafia was fine
3) with maxdrunk at 13, bought Soberness Injection Pen (+2 maxdrunk) at LI-11 HQ - this brought my max to 15, so I drank two more splendid martinis.
4) The relay browser shows the correct liver reading : 15/15 but mafia shows 15/13 and will not let me adventure.

wildcard here is - I did quit mafia and do some things in the regular browser at some point. My machine is ridiculously low on resources and the relay browser becomes slow among other things. This is a fault with my ancient system and not with your program.

In any case:
5) restarting mafia the maxdrunk remained wrong.

This was with the following KoLmafia 17.6 daily build: KoLmafia-18156.jar

I updated to KoLmafia-18176.jar after shutting down mafia, then restarted, but mafia remained confused as to my maxdrunk.

Obviously I can't go through this sequence again until I go through another LtA run. It's puzzling because I mafia seemed to update maxdrunk properly in my two previous runs. It seems like it is not checking for the new maxdrunk. Maybe I got the perk during my out of mafia stint? It's a reminder to me to pay better attention so my bug reports are better, but I do think it is likely that is what I did - do the perk and the last two martinis out of mafia. I could be wrong about that, though.

I am on linux - lubuntu 16.10 with latest updates. My relay browser is firefox 54.0 64-bit (I'm sure that is irrelevant). What may be more relevant is my java version, which is as follows:

Code:
$ java -version 
openjdk version "1.8.0_131"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-8u131-b11-0ubuntu1.16.10.2-b11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

I hope that is enough to be helpful. If there are any troubleshooting steps/workarounds/fixes please let me know. I will be happy to provide what I can. I don't have debug logs from the time in question, but I do have regular ones. Thank you for your time and patience.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Can you try visiting the upgrade screen again? If that doesn't immediately fix it, then a debug log of visiting there ("debug on", visit, "debug off") would be useful.

anachronda

If you mean the LI-11 screen, sure. The upgrading of mafia itself I have been doing manually. I download the latest build, then call that when I start mafia instead of the old one.

I did visit that page again before and it didn't fix it. In fact now after rollover it still shows my max as 13 instead of 15.

I hope this debug log makes sense. I haven't done debug logs in mafia yet, but I did what you asked .. debug on, visit the LI-11 HQ, debug off.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20170809.txt
    177.4 KB · Views: 37

anachronda

Ok this is weird. I had visited the LI-11 upgrade page at least twice before doing this report, one of those times to copy/paste the upgrade I got.
When I logged in after this latest rollover, the maxdrunk was 13 as I said, and remained so after visiting the page. I then did it again with a debug log going and it hadn't .. or seemed not to have .. updated (was still at 13).

But now I am looking at it and my maxdrunk is updated to 15. It's questionable whether the debug log will show a problem. But it is there in all its glory. Thank you for your time and patience.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I guess if it wasn't working I would then ask what bondDrunk2 is set to, and perhaps tell you to just set it to true. But since it's working now for you, and that page text looks how I would expect it to, I have no ideas.