Bug - Not A Bug 1st use of "Again" button in A Mob of Zeppelin Protesters sending me to Forest Villag

Boesbert

1st use of "Again" button in A Mob of Zeppelin Protesters sending me to Forest Villag

Most recent build, most recent Chromium etc.

So this might have to do with me executing a lot of free fights/kills before actually going to an adventure.php location (i.e. the zep mob one here). But after encountering my first NC in snarfblat=384 and then exiting it turn-free, the "Again" button leads to the Forest Village overview. So that might be a consequence of how the tent?acle fight interacts with this kind of choice thing maybe? The 2nd time I encountered one of the mob NCs, the "Again" button properly leads to the mob snarfblat again. I really hope this does not have to do with the lynyrd snare "Again" fix I proposed that was implemented. :eek:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My first thought is to wonder exactly what noncombat you got, and if this is a KoL bug. The Again button simply points to wherever KoL links to.

xKiv

I have noticed that the first "again" (and here I mean the link in main pane - the "adventure again" links in charpane are correct) after certain noncombats in some places sends me to forest village - one I can name because it happens every day is "through the spacegate" (I go to a planet with a terminal and nope out of the choice), but I have definitely seen it elsewhere.

It seems that it is happening when kol does not provide its own backlinks, maybe? Normally, there would be two links - an "Adventure again" link and a "go to the adventure container instead" link. When this happens, I only see one link, and it goes to forest village.

And yes, I also tend to do the village tentacle fight as one of the last things before going there o_O ... but usually followed by snojo and witchess. So it's not just that.

Boesbert

My first thought is to wonder exactly what noncombat you got,

Encounter: Fire Up Above

I have noticed that the first "again" (and here I mean the link in main pane - the "adventure again" links in charpane are correct) after certain noncombats in some places sends me to forest village - one I can name because it happens every day is "through the spacegate" (I go to a planet with a terminal and nope out of the choice), but I have definitely seen it elsewhere.

Yeah, me too. Couldn't remember the other ones, though. Maybe we should make a list... somewhere. >_>

xKiv

I think the hallowiener encounters also sometimes do this?

So anyway I thought about but forgot to turn on debug for this, so all I have is this clarification:
There's a "adventure again" section, but unlike for normal enconters, it has only one link - and the link says "Back to forest village".
As far as I can tell, there is nothing in mafia that could add this.

Boesbert

First encounter at the Obligatory Pirate's Cove was "Barrie Me at Sea". I took the parrot. Got sent back to the forrest. Looks very much like a weird KoL bug afte rall.

PeKaJe

This is something that happens because of native KoL. Fighting the tentacle in the village seems to set the last location to there, but it doesn't necessarily trigger right away. One way of forcing it to happen is to visit the post-quest overgrown shrine and exit it turn-free. I've gotten into the habit of doing this so the weird redirect doesn't catch me off-guard later.