bountiful.ash - a better bounty script

RESPRiT

Edit: This script has been forked and is now maintained by loathers at: https://github.com/loathers/bountiful

Hello! It's been a while since I've written an .ash script, but a few days ago I decided to re-implement bounty hunting since the existing bounty.ash doesn't really fulfill my needs. A lot of the functionality of this script can be replicated using CCS and existing scripts, but I wanted to practice writing .ash and have all my bounty hunting consolidated within a single script. The script is missing some features, such as an understanding of banishing skills from IOTMs that I don't have, but I'll try to have those added soon.

With that, I present "bountiful.ash" (from my README.md):

bountiful.ash
a better bounty script

Installation

To install this script in KolMafia, simply use the following command in the gCLI:

Code:
git checkout loathers/bountiful

Configuration

The script uses the following properties to determine behavior:

PropertyDefault ValueDescription
bountiful.useBanisherfalseWhether or not to banish non-bounty monsters within the bounty location
bountiful.useCopierfalseWhether or not to copy the bounty monster using Spooky Putty/Rain-Doh
bountiful.useFaxfalseWhether or not to fax in the bounty monster
bountiful.useFreeKillfalseWhether or not to kill the bounty monster with Power pills
bountiful.maxBanishCostautoBuyPriceLimitMaximum price willing to spend on individual banishers
bountiful.maxSpecialCostautoBuyPriceLimitMaximum price willing to spend on special bounty content unlockers
bountiful.automaticallyGiveupfalseWhether or not to "Give up" bounties which cannot be accessed

To set a property, simply type the following into the gCLI:

Code:
set [insert property here] = [insert value here]

A relay settings will be coming soon:tm:.

Usage

Once the script is installed, use the following commands to do begin hunting:

CommandDescription
hunt easyHunt the "easy" bounty
hunt hardHunt the "hard" bounty
hunt specialHunt the "special" bounty
hunt optimalHunts the bounty with the fewest items required
hunt allHunts all possible bounties in order of item count

[/thead]
[tbody]

So, an example run could be:
Code:
bountiful hunt all

Miscellaneous Information
This script is still in the "beta" stages and has been tested but not thoroughly, bug reporting is appreciated.

The code is documented using JavaDoc/JSDoc style comments if you are interested in taking a peek at the source code.

This script is adapted (but very different) from AutoBHH, originally by izchak and majorly revised by Raorn and Zarqon.

Feel free to provide feedback of any kind!

Last edited:

killmetohell

i think i found bug don't know how it repeat due the nature of it some unknown reason when i try do hunt all sometime it doesn't recognize the bounty area you can hunt is accessible it only seem to effect only for hard bounties.
oh can you add other option if you want hunt only easy and hard bounties.

YellowZealot

Spirit, Your script seems to crash and send me to the relay browser when a moxie class pickpockets during combat. could you look into this? Thanks.

Born Identities

Thought to give this script a shot, but immediatly hit a snag and no idea as to why it decided to use... "melted Jell-o shot"s?
Code:
Hunting all bounties!
There are 6 warrrrrts remaining!

Checkpoints cleared.
You haven't got enough fuel

Visit to Island: The Poop Deck in progress...

[2851] The Poop Deck
Encounter: witty pirate
Round 0: Born Identities wins initiative!
Round 1: Born Identities uses the melted Jell-o shot and uses the melted Jell-o shot!
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Pazleysox

Thought to give this script a shot, but immediatly hit a snag and no idea as to why it decided to use... "melted Jell-o shot"s?
Code:
Hunting all bounties!
There are 6 warrrrrts remaining!

Checkpoints cleared.

Visit to Island: The Poop Deck in progress...

[2851] The Poop Deck
Encounter: witty pirate
Round 0: Born Identities wins initiative!
Round 1: Born Identities uses the melted Jell-o shot and uses the melted Jell-o shot!
Click here to continue in the relay browser.
What CCS are you using?

Pazleysox

Code:

I figured it out... It's got nothing to do with the bounty script, and everything to do with your Asdon Martin being out of fuel.

1. What is the CCS does this script expect?

I understand that the script will auto buy and use a banish (based on the user settings).
But when I reach the bounty monster, I keep getting hit with the below error.

[29624] The Sleazy Back Alley
Encounter: big creepy spider
Round 0: mrtang63 wins initiative!
Hey it's the bounty monster!
You have the latest batfactors.txt. Will not check again today.
Hey it's the bounty monster!

2. Another banish item to consider is the Mafia Finger Ring