Bug - Fixed Chateau/photocopied fight not logging correctly (lots of knock-on failure afterwards)

I'm booting up my farming script, which has worked many a time before, and all of a sudden my chateau painting + photocopied monster fights show up in the log as just blank adventures, and the script trips up as I supposedly don't have a spooky putty monster. Hm, that's weird, my combat macro is the same it's always been, the monster isn't a challenge, I didn't die to it, and doing a simple /count reveals I do in fact have a putty monster in my inventory.

There seems to have been a pair of nondescript Mafia hiccups, as shown in the debug log (if it's of relevance, chateau first then photocopy, if these are in fact two distinct ones). I'm on r18141, so reasonably recent I'd hope. Kept it as Mafia's been known to slow down on me out of the blue for the past hell-knows-how-many builds, and things ran on this just fine.

Any idea what's going on? I'm not hugely keen on having another day's digitize counters blanked, plus other mayhem, because of this.

View attachment DEBUG_20170718.txt

Upgraded to newest version. Still persists. Cut it off after the chateau'd fight wherein I cast Digitize, but Digitize failed to register at all. No debug log this time. Maybe that was created by the photocopy later on or something, don't know.

Edited fragment of session log, showing a fight registering, then the chateau fight where I cast Digitize just being a blank adventure.

View attachment DanceCommander6_20170719.txt

Hm, might be the same thing. You mention fixing this by adding an extra visit_url(), any particular url that you're visiting? Or would, say, a main.php hit suffice?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
This is my function for fighting a writing desk in the chateau. I visit place.php?whichplace=chateau, but it probably does not matter.

PHP:
void GetOneDesk() {
	if (get_property("writingDesksDefeated").to_int()<5) {
		if (get_property("_chateauMonsterFought")=="false") {
			print("ckb-Std: Fighting One Writing Desk","maroon");
			set_location($location[none]);
			cli_execute("terminal educate compress");
			cli_execute("terminal educate extract");
			buffer page = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=chateau");
			if (get_property("chateauMonster")=="writing desk") {
				print("BUGGER: visit_url","blue");
				page = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=chateau&action=chateau_painting");
				//print(page,"olive");
				page = run_combat();
				print("BUGGER: run_combat","blue");
				//print(page,"olive");
			}
		}
	}
}

Just quickly confirming that adding a visit to main.php between my terminal skill calls and the chateau/fax fights solved the issue. What a strange bug!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am not sure what you mean by a "blank adventure", but, just as ckb reported, you were visiting the Source Terminal before going to the chateau, and there was a bug in that situation. Revision 18157 fixes that.

I'm optimistically marking this "Fixed".