Bug - Cannot Reproduce Starting the guild delivery quest doesn't set questG06Delivery to started

zarqon

After talking to the guild guy, and even visiting the quest log to see that the quest is in fact started, the quest property remains "unstarted".

In case it helps, the HTML from my quest log:

Code:
<b>Vincent la Zouche's Delivery Service</b><br>A guy in your guild has offered you some meat if you'll grab his package for him. 
<p>
Oh stop laughing, you know perfectly well what I mean! Honestly...
<p>
Anyway, you should be able to find it in the 7-Foot Dwarves' factory complex, which can supposedly be reached through their mine.

ETA: Also, after manually setting the property to "started", further quest actions did not advance the property. After completing the quest, and viewing it in my completed quests log, the property still says "started".

Last edited:

zarqon

I just tried this again on my main (Zarqon), and the property updated when viewing the quest log as expected (though not when talking to your guildsman to receive the quest). However, on another multi, the property did not update in either case. Something fishy to do with different names, perhaps? Names with spaces in?

Darzil

Developer
Well, it isn't spaces in names, as the below works sets it to started :
Code:
<b>Guild Quests:</b><blockquote><b>Samuel Spade's Delivery Service</b><br>A guy in your guild has offered you some meat if you'll grab his package for him. 
<p>
Oh stop laughing, you know perfectly well what I mean! Honestly...
<p>
Anyway, you should be able to find it in the 7-Foot Dwarves' factory complex, which can supposedly be reached through their mine.<p></blockquote><p>

zarqon

Bump because this is still happening for me for two of my multis. The property never advances, even after completing the quest. For my main, it works fine. What can I can submit to help debug this?

Also the quest does have a few intermediate steps now which are not in questslog.txt:

step1: You've found the entrance to the factory complex of the 7-Foot Dwarves. Hopefully it won't take you too long to find the thing. You know, that thing you're trying to find, for that guy.

step2: Nice going, you've found an envelope addressed to that guy back at your guild. Maybe you should go take it back to him now. Sure, there's a lot of other interesting stuff in this factory, but you can always come back.

Sorry I didn't grab HTML, but will do so next time through.

Perhaps a bandage could be added, like acquiring the thick padded envelope would set it to step2, and turning it in would set it to finished. That would fix the issue for my purposes.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
I'll try to fix this tomorrow, thanks z!