Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New You 2.0 (New New You?)

I encountered the same issue when KoL told me to find an "Orcish Frat Boy". It ended up being the Orcish Frat Boy (music lover), so in the code for setting the daily properties I added a little breakout section for fixing ambiguous monster names into specific ones, with the idea that more monsters would be added as we found more of these situations.

So what we need to know in your case is: which monster was the right one? Then we can fix the script to hunt the correct snowman.

Optionally, it may not always be the same monster, in which case we would need to use a list of monsters that match an ambiguous name, trying any of them until one of them gives us quest progress.
    Last edited by zarqon; 06-30-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I encountered the same issue when KoL told me to find an "Orcish Frat Boy". It ended up being the Orcish Frat Boy (music lover), so in the code for setting the daily properties I added a little breakout section for fixing ambiguous monster names into specific ones, with the idea that more monsters would be added as we found more of these situations.

So what we need to know in your case is: which monster was the right one? Then we can fix the script to hunt the correct snowman.

Optionally, it may not always be the same monster, in which case we would need to use a list of monsters that match an ambiguous name, trying any of them until one of them gives us quest progress.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    Nothing in the session log indicates which one was correct.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

Question -- in your session log, was NewYou trying to use the skill every time it saw any ninja snowman, or on none of them? I'm not 100% sure how Mafia's monster matching works in this instance.

Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    I had Ninja Snowman today and it was the chopsticks one.

Had upgraded rams at the Icy Peak. Looped and probably would have been infinite if I had not stopped it. Problem was script tried to adventure when I did not have enough Cold Resistance and did not detect the failure. I manually got enough Cold Resistance and things worked. Ideally canadv or something similar would have detected "You can't get there" and the script would stop to le me deal with the problem.
    I agree with frono.

Had upgraded rams at the Icy Peak. Looped and probably would have been infinite if I had not stopped it. Problem was script tried to adventure when I did not have enough Cold Resistance and did not detect the failure. I manually got enough Cold Resistance and things worked. Ideally canadv or something similar would have detected "You can't get there" and the script would stop to le me deal with the problem.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    Hmm. The script is already checking can_adv when determining where to adventure. I'm not sure what more I can do:
    Code:
    foreach mon,rate in appearance_rates(l) {
        if (mon == _mon_NewYou && can_adv(l) && rate > highest_rate) {
    Does can_adv not take cold resist into account?

I think they are talking more about a script called can_adv not the function.

I think they are talking more about a script called can_adv not the function.
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    I was assuming the script was being used. But whatever was used it let me adventure without cold resistance which was not A Good Thing.

http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?20...ghlight=canadv
    I agree with frono.

I was assuming the script was being used. But whatever was used it let me adventure without cold resistance which was not A Good Thing.

http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?20...ghlight=canadv
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    Yes, I'm using the CanAdv script, which provides the can_adv() function. I suppose I can handle the Peak manually, since can_adv() doesn't seem to do it for me.

I've now added in a check for The Icy Peak that will refuse to adventure there if your cold resist isn't up to snuff. Also, I made Ninja Snowman resolve to "Ninja Snowman (chopsticks)".