New You 2.0 (New New You?)

zarqon

I encountered the same issue when KoL told me to find an "Orcish Frat Boy". It ended up being the Orcish Frat Boy (music lover), so in the code for setting the daily properties I added a little breakout section for fixing ambiguous monster names into specific ones, with the idea that more monsters would be added as we found more of these situations.

So what we need to know in your case is: which monster was the right one? Then we can fix the script to hunt the correct snowman.

Optionally, it may not always be the same monster, in which case we would need to use a list of monsters that match an ambiguous name, trying any of them until one of them gives us quest progress.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I encountered the same issue when KoL told me to find an "Orcish Frat Boy". It ended up being the Orcish Frat Boy (music lover), so in the code for setting the daily properties I added a little breakout section for fixing ambiguous monster names into specific ones, with the idea that more monsters would be added as we found more of these situations.

So what we need to know in your case is: which monster was the right one? Then we can fix the script to hunt the correct snowman.

Optionally, it may not always be the same monster, in which case we would need to use a list of monsters that match an ambiguous name, trying any of them until one of them gives us quest progress.

Nothing in the session log indicates which one was correct.

coandco

Question -- in your session log, was NewYou trying to use the skill every time it saw any ninja snowman, or on none of them? I'm not 100% sure how Mafia's monster matching works in this instance.

I had Ninja Snowman today and it was the chopsticks one.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Had upgraded rams at the Icy Peak. Looped and probably would have been infinite if I had not stopped it. Problem was script tried to adventure when I did not have enough Cold Resistance and did not detect the failure. I manually got enough Cold Resistance and things worked. Ideally canadv or something similar would have detected "You can't get there" and the script would stop to le me deal with the problem.

coandco

Had upgraded rams at the Icy Peak. Looped and probably would have been infinite if I had not stopped it. Problem was script tried to adventure when I did not have enough Cold Resistance and did not detect the failure. I manually got enough Cold Resistance and things worked. Ideally canadv or something similar would have detected "You can't get there" and the script would stop to le me deal with the problem.

Hmm. The script is already checking can_adv when determining where to adventure. I'm not sure what more I can do:
Code:
foreach mon,rate in appearance_rates(l) {
    if (mon == _mon_NewYou && can_adv(l) && rate > highest_rate) {

Does can_adv not take cold resist into account?

coandco

I've now added in a check for The Icy Peak that will refuse to adventure there if your cold resist isn't up to snuff. Also, I made Ninja Snowman resolve to "Ninja Snowman (chopsticks)".

Crowther

I found another odd place that causes problems. There seem to be so many. Today I was assigned the pygmy bowler. I had dozens of bowling balls in my inventory which were consumed wasting turns. I was watching and aborted it. Even with my balls in the closet, I still got one from every bowler, which then wasted another turn.

Theraze

Personally, I have an AfterAdventure script that automatically closets bowling balls after the king has been liberated...

Sistercoyote

I was assigned the lobsterfrogman today and received this when I ran the script:

> call scripts\NewYou.ash

Sending kmail to digitrev...
No New-You quest, so there's nothing to do
Requests complete.

I'm running the latest r of BatBrain.

coandco

Can you get to Sonofa Beach normally? The script does check can_adv for location viability, so that seems like the most likely point of failure to me.