The latest Daily Build

Bale

Minion
A lot of people don't believe that jar builds require no more effort or technical knowlege than exe builds.

Braska

As I have said, MANY times before... .jar doesn't run well on my system. That exe builds just run smoother for me. It is a personal preference based on performance, and to be quite honest it gets tiring seeing everyone say "just use the .jar."

I don't get onto anyone else for their preferences, please do not feel such need to comment on mine.

Bale

Minion
That's his subjective experience. It's not like he feels the need to have a stopwatch handy while monitoring program performance just to make a point to us. Let him have his preference without further comment.

Braska

Don't want to annoy anyone here, but the .exe wasn't update this week. Tried waiting a day to see if it was a time problem, but I'm still downloading Build 7764 today.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting....

Code:
jsmooth:
  [jsmooth] Executable file is /kolmafia/util/../dist/KoLmafia.exe
  [jsmooth] jsmoothgen failed: [Error: Can't find jar at /kolmafia/util/../dist/KoLmafia.jar]

Any ideas what might have went wrong?

holatuwol

Developer
What's the rest of the build script output look like?

Could be something inside of your jsmooth configuration file, since it's possible that you're not building into /kolmafia, but rather something like /home/user/kolmafia.

Last edited:

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Figured out the issue, the normal jar build and the exe build ran at the same time. Thus causing the issue. This has been corrected.

LaRoni

Strange thing...

I have 3 different accounts loaded with Mafia. Only one of them has screwed up food and drink in terms of adventures per fullness/drunkenness. Everything else seems to be fine and I have no idea what happened to do that. It doesn't change with different version.

Anyway to fix it without doing a complete reinstall and losing all the settings for the other accounts?

jasonharper

Developer
It shouldn't be possible for multiple accounts using the same mafia installation to have different data for consumables. Could you be more specific about what that one account is seeing that's different from the other two?

LaRoni

On the one that's screwed up, the dusty bottle that should be best to drink reads as 0.0 with or without ode. With ode, a jar of squeeze is supposedly 32 adventures per drunkeness. Normal mixed drinks like a screwdriver show 7.5 advs.

Savoy truffles read as 6.5 advs. A frozen banquet is 45. A White Citadel Burger is 5.0

Have you tried unclicking the sorting options and then re-clicking them? Every so often Mafia doesn't seem to apply one of them for me, and doing that tends to fix it up. I don't think I've ever seen it do it to only SOME of the items, though.

Also make sure mafia has the wines identified.

jasonharper

Developer
Does the dusty command properly identify the bottles of wine on that account?

The rest of what you're reporting is exactly the expected behavior if you have the "per full" / "per drunk" checkbox turned off, which is a per-account setting. It's showing things like "6.5 adv" instead of "6.5 adv/full", isn't it?

LaRoni

*sighs*

I didn't notice the 'per full' box was unchecked. I never uncheck them deliberately but I must have accidentally.

Dusty didn't work until I put the spectacles back on and then tried it. Now it's identifying them again properly.

Thanks for the assist.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
No, it never has. Why is that relevant?

Unascended accounts have to wear the spectacles to identify dusty bottles, other accounts don't have to do that. Which means that you have to equip the spectacles to identify the bottles in mafia rather than just acquire them.

oztrich

I've noticed a slight problem using the latest build (7800) that I've never seen before:

When I change items from the Gear Changer tab it doesn't seem to be updating the accessory slots correctly all the time. I'm not very active at the moment, but I spotted this a couple of days ago when I put on Hodgman's Regal Frippery - it looked fine in mafia, but I couldn't summon a hobo underling. When I checked in the relay browser the bow tie wasn't equipped in accessory slot 1 (even though it was in the Gear Changer tab). I've noticed similar today where my MP reduction gear was showing fine in mafia, but when I checked in the relay browser one of the accessories hadn't equipped correctly.

Has anyone else noticed something similar?