The latest Daily Build

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had time to debug it, got swamped with RL and work stuff I'll try to make some time tonight but no promises.

bsander

Is it intentional that the .jar list on builds.kolmafia.us page keeps on growing? I remember it just used to display the last X builds (20 or so?), but since we hit build 10000, all 221 builds since then are still listed on the page! (this slightly annoys me because I need to scroll more and more to see the changelogs)

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it's intentional, I broke the deletion script awhile back and haven't bothered fixing it.

mstieler

Is it intentional that the .jar list on builds.kolmafia.us page keeps on growing? I remember it just used to display the last X builds (20 or so?), but since we hit build 10000, all 221 builds since then are still listed on the page! (this slightly annoys me because I need to scroll more and more to see the changelogs)

Heh. Came here to ask the same thing. Go figure.

Any possibility of the deletion script getting fixed?

Bale

Minion
Any possibility of the deletion script getting fixed?

Actually, I have a better idea!

Instead of deleting the old builds, change the position of the changelog. Leave the hourly builds in a very narrow column going down the left side, with the "Last 30 Changes" to the right, so that we don't have to scroll the page at all to see the list.

Bale

Minion
You don't just use the first .jar link on the page? That's what you get for not keeping it simple.

Right, somethin' weird is going on in the Daily Builds area. Looks like something got out of sync in the source tree... since all builds after 10616 have the M suffix (including 10630). I hope one of the developers fixes it soon, because it's confusing ALL the updater programs.
Furthermore, all builds after 10616 have their internal version (as displayed to the user on the main login window) stuck at 10616. Whoops!

tyilo

Right, somethin' weird is going on in the Daily Builds area. Looks like something got out of sync in the source tree... since all builds after 10616 have the M suffix (including 10630). I hope one of the developers fixes it soon, because it's confusing ALL the updater programs.
Furthermore, all builds after 10616 have their internal version (as displayed to the user on the main login window) stuck at 10616. Whoops!

Not my updater: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4363-Auto-download-latest-SVN-version-(MAC)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Right, somethin' weird is going on in the Daily Builds area. Looks like something got out of sync in the source tree... since all builds after 10616 have the M suffix (including 10630). Furthermore, all builds after 10616 have their internal version (as displayed to the user on the main login window) stuck at 10616. Whoops!
The build process modifies KoLConstants.java to stick in the revision number. It is supposed to undo that when the build is complete. If it doesn't complete correctly, KoLConstants remains "modified" in the source tree, subsequent builds mark the build as M, and the revision number never updates.

fewyn needs to delete src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/KoLConstants.java and do an "svn update" (although I expect his build script does that). In fact, it wouldn't hurt for his build script to always do those two things.

(It would not be a good thing for the build process itself to do that, since some of us actually make changes to KoLConstants and we want to be able to build with them before checking in the file. :))

I hope one of the developers fixes it soon, because it's confusing ALL the updater programs.
How do you think "one of the developers" will fix fewyn's build server?

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Oh hey! I did not know this, if that will fix the issue I can easily do that. Actually I'll add it right now annnnnd done!