Feature - Implemented Maximizer Filters

AlbinoRhino

EF8oaF1.jpg

I will often use the maximizer to dress me in the best possible equipment. I am aware that the cli command does this, but I will often use the maximizer frame so that I can pick and choose. It seemed to me somewhat wasteful to wait on mafia to sort through every possible source of the modifier I am interested in...when I am only interested in equipment. While there is a filter for "no equipment" there isn't one for "equipment only".

As well, I often find myself only looking for usables (knowing that I don't want to use any of my organ space) or 'other' sources. Sometimes I am only interested in food or drink or spleen.

In aftercore, especially, the maximizer list can become quite long and isn't easy to pick through when you are only looking to 'cast' or 'use' or 'terminal' or something.

So, in my first attempt at Java, other than minor tinkering, I managed to add that feature. It compiles and seems to work as intended and I find it handy. So, I thought others may find it handy, as well .

So I am posting it here, if there is any interest in it.

Since my local build already has this feature, I am more interested in having my attempt critiqued, and improving my Java skills, than having the patch added to mafia (though it is handy). And assuming anyone has the time or interest to look it over, of course ! Thanks.

Attachments

• maximizer_filters.patch
    4.1 KB · Views: 40

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I've never found myself wanting to view just equipment, mostly because it shows up at the top anyway and non-equipment is handled in a negligible amount of time. The rest of it looks useful though.

The patch looks good, though I haven't actually tested it yet.

AlbinoRhino

That's great. Thanks for the feedback. I was sure there had to be something major I was missing. I've been using it a few days now without noticing any ill effects.

AlbinoRhino

Darzil,

I still had a few differences after resolving your commit. I thought I would post them in case you had any interest in any of them. "Lightly tested"...as the saying goes.

Attachments

• max_filters.patch
    2.2 KB · Views: 23

Darzil

Developer
-equip is a bit unnecessary as it is just the same as no filter and equipment set to none.

Will have a look at the other tweaks.