Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to automate combat with tentacles from Dr. Stuart's tent or Evoke Eldritch Horror

Default How to automate combat with tentacles from Dr. Stuart's tent or Evoke Eldritch Horror

I can start a fight with an eldritch tentacle at Dr. Stuart's tent with
    Code:
    visit_url("place.php?whichplace=forestvillage&action=fv_scientist");
    run_choice(2);
    or with
    Code:
    use_skill($skill[Evoke Eldritch Horror]);
    But how can I automate those fights once they're started? I expected to be able to use run_combat(), but if the next line in my script is run_combat(), Mafia uses my Custom Combat settings, instead. Which is workable, but I'd rather not have a Custom Combat strategy set up just to deal with these once-a-day fights. I'm confused about why run_combat() doesn't get triggered here, even though it works when I start a fight with eg. a Witchess piece using visit_url().

Veracity's VeracityMeatFarm.ash has code that will fight the tentacle so your "how to" is probably answered there.

I'm not sure I understand your point about not wanting to set up a CCS. Can't you just use your default or add a tentacle as a "case" and just autoattack?
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Thanks for your reply. I'd actually referenced Veracity's meatfarming script, but it looks to me like it just does
    Code:
    visit_url( "place.php?whichplace=forestvillage&action=fv_scientist" );
    and
    Code:
    use_skill( EVOKE_ELDRITCH_HORROR );
    (exactly what I'm doing), and then performs the fights using CCS (which is what I'm trying to avoid doing). I'd prefer to use run_combat(), or some other means of defining a fight strategy in the same script where I'm starting the fights, only because I frequently select from my CCS list manually, and having a tentacle-only fight strategy in there is just one more thing I have to scroll past to find other strategies that I actually care about. This script is the only place I ever plan to fight tentacles (outside of world events), so there's no reason for my fight strategy to exist independently of the script.

Mostly, at this point, I'm wondering why I can do this:
    Code:
    visit_url("choice.php?option=1&pwd=" + my_hash() + "&whichchoice=1182&piece=1938", false); // fight the Witchess rook
    run_combat("[COMBAT STRATEGY]");
    but not this:
    Code:
    run_choice(2);
    Is it the intervening run_choice() that screws things up?
    Last edited by PaladinWhite; 06-22-2017 at 04:55 AM.

Have you tried doing this instead?

visit_url("place.php?whichplace=forestvillage&acti on=fv_scientist");
    visit_url("choice.php?option=2&pwd=" + my_hash() + "&whichchoice=1201", false);

This script is the only place I ever plan to fight tentacles (outside of world events), so there's no reason for my fight strategy to exist independently of the script.
    Originally Posted by PaladinWhite View Post
    how about:
    Code:
    set_property("customCombatScript", "tentacle.ccs");
    visit_url("place.php?whichplace=forestvillage&action=fv_scientist"); run_choice(2);
    set_property("customCombatScript", "default.ccs");
    visit_url("choice.php?option=2&pwd=" + my_hash() + "&whichchoice=1201", false);
    Originally Posted by Linknoid View Post
    I just recently learned you can put the code "run_choice(X);", instead of a whole separate visit_url.
    Last edited by Pazleysox; 08-28-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks for your replies, Linknoid and Pazleysocks. Getting through the choice adventure, and starting the fight, wasn't giving me any trouble. I was just struggling to figure out how to automate the fight itself (other than with run_combat).

Here's what I ended up doing:
    Code:
    run_choice(2);
    adv1(my_location(), -1, "[my combat strategy]");
    That works well, for defining my strategy in the script.

You are fortunate that choice "2" works for you. It DOES vary. Here is my code from VeracityMeatFarm:

Code:
        // Dr. Gordon Stewart's tentacle
        if ( !tentacle ) {
    	between_battle_checks();
    	string page = visit_url( "place.php?whichplace=forestvillage&action=fv_scientist" );

// The option can vary. Pick correct one
    	int fight = 0;
    	int great = 0;

foreach n, text in available_choice_options() {
    	    if ( text.starts_with( "Can I fight that tentacle" ) ) {
    		fight = n;
    	    } else if ( text.starts_with( "Great!" ) ) {
    		great = n;
    	    }
    	}

if ( fight != 0 ) {
    	    run_choice( fight );
    	} else if ( great != 0 ) {
    	    run_choice( great );
    	}

// It is possible to have no choice options
        }
    The code could be tightened up, but this was my initial attempt that does work for my two characters that have different choice options to get the fight.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Why would your characters have 2 options? I see 3 on my main actually, but it would appear that FIGHT, and GREAT are available on first visit, and FIGHT goes away after winning, leaving GREAT, and the dust choice.

Do your accounts attempt to visit twice? Sorry if this seems noobish

does the GREAT option always show for the same character?

I have multiple characters. Every character has one of the two options. No character has two options at the same time.

The code I posted works with all of my characters, as opposed to the code you posted, which works only for characters who have passed a certain point.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Specifically, you can have anywhere between 1 and 4 options, based on your free daily fight (completed or not), and if you have any dust bunnies/shovelfuls/granite and if you have any eldritch essence, and these will actually shift the numbers of the varying choices left. (As I found out when my own script broke right after halloween, because it got stuck in the 'which eldritch equipment (hat/hammer/pants) do you want to craft' followup choice).