KGBriefcase

taltamir

Amazing scrip, thank you very much.

I am curious though, what is solve actually solving? I looked at the list of stuff that unlock does and it seems to be everything... but apparently not?

Also solve would spend some 10 minutes doing something, and end up only consuming 1 click and then saying done, without any apparent change. Am I supposed to just keep on running it?
I think once or twice it errored out for taking too long, I will note the log if it happens again.

Also, I only have 2 buffs listed on my GUI (item and meat). As well as "random buff" and "identify buff" buttons. Clicking identify will give me a random buff, but not add it to the GUI list. Am I misunderstanding something here?

Last edited:

Crowther

In the first post of this thread is a link to this which says,
solve - unlocks everything we know how to unlock, also solves puzzles. You may want the "unlock" command instead.
I've seen the puzzle solver get stuck. I just reset the case and it worked fine. You only ever need to solve it once and it takes a few days worth of clicks.

taltamir

facepalm. I just realized why only 2 buffs appeared. I was in g lover. the other buffs must have not had a g in them and were hidden...

In the first post of this thread is a link to this which says
I have read that, but what does that mean? So, its unlock + puzzles, but what puzzles are those?
I looked at the wiki and as far as I can tell every puzzle mentioned in the wiki page is covered by unlock.

I've seen the puzzle solver get stuck. I just reset the case and it worked fine. You only ever need to solve it once and it takes a few days worth of clicks.
Thank you for the advice. I actually didn't need to reset after all, it just started working today.
Maybe it has something to do with breaking the prism and leaving Glover?

Crowther

So, its unlock + puzzles, but what puzzles are those?
I looked at the wiki and as far as I can tell every puzzle mentioned in the wiki page is covered by unlock.
Unless I'm mistaken the extra part done by solve is the wiki section "Opening the Briefcase".

ckb

Minion
Staff member
In TCRS, enchantments cannot be customized.
Can you add a workaround for this to the script knows and does not try to click things?

FWIW, I added a hacky workaround to line 6229:
Code:
if (my_path()=="Two Crazy Random Summer") { return out; }

Aramada

I've managed to bork something and I have no idea how to fix it. When I run Briefcase -> Drinks, it gets this far and throws an error message:

Assuming script timeout, executing...
Briefcase v2.1.8 status:
Clicks used: 0 (22? remaining)
Dials: 322-222
Horizontal lights: 10B000
Tab configuration: 000221 (657)
Mastermind lights: 000
Unlocked: crank, left drawer, right drawer, martini hose, buttons, and opening case
Handle: UP
Flywheel charged.
Tab permutation: (1, 27, 3, 243, 81, 9)
Buttons: B4: -10, B5: -1
internal error while discovering button functions, not sure what to do next

It ONLY does this on this one character (can sign out, log a different character into Mafia, run Briefcase -> Drinks, and it runs fine), AND I can run anything else on this character - Briefcase -> drawers works, setting the briefcase enchantments, getting briefcase buffs, no problem. Just drinks.

I've tried downloading the most recent mafia, no love. I tried updating the svn, no love. I'm at a loss.

Help?

~Aramada

xKiv

You might have randomly gotten the briefcase into some weird corner case. Try resetting it? (toggle handle 4 times) ... but I am not sure how to tell the script that the briefcase is now reset.