New Content - Implemented Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There will likely be a lot to handle with this IotM, much of it being impossible to add right now because we don't know about it (the spading has covered everything I could find during testing).

Recognizing when its enchantments are changed was pretty straightforward to support, so that's done in 18085. Except for
Regenerate 5-10 HP & MP per Adventure
which could be handled just for this item or more generally in Modifier parsing.

There are daily martinis to grab, and daily drawers to empty, but those might not be open for people and who knows how trying to automate that would interfere with spading.

Pazleysox

I'm trying to write a script to unlock the crank, the martini hose, and get the 2 drawers open. This is supposed to be a simple script, so people who aren't "in the know" can do this without breaking anything.

Mafia doesn't recognize the command to move the dials though. At the moment I'm using "place.php?whichplace=kgb&action=kgb_dial1" to brute force the dials. I was trying to test the script as it went along, but each time I looked, the dials were back to beginning. I opened a mini-browser, and clicked the dials manually, and the same thing, the dials never moved... I'm not sure where else to post this, so I figured this was a good place to start.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Maybe it needs to be a GET instead of a POST? That can be done with visit_url( url, false ) instead of just visit_url( url ).

Pazleysox

Maybe it needs to be a GET instead of a POST? That can be done with visit_url( url, false ) instead of just visit_url( url ).

Please excuse my lack of programing experience (ie: n00bish). Can you expand on this a little? Do I just do this:

Code:
	visit_url("place.php?whichplace=kgb", false);
?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I assume you already tried
Code:
visit_url( "place.php?whichplace=kgb&action=kgb_dial1" );
And found that it did not work. Change that to
Code:
visit_url( "place.php?whichplace=kgb&action=kgb_dial1", false );
to make it work.

I switched my weapon damage enchantment to prismatic damage (passing spell damage on the way) and mafia did not recognize that I got the new enchantments. (verified via "modtrace spooky damage"). Examining/checking description did not help, neither did removing and re-equipping it, but re-logging fixed it.
I had the case equipped when I hit the buttons, if it matters.

r18100

Malibu Stacey

I switched my weapon damage enchantment to prismatic damage (passing spell damage on the way) and mafia did not recognize that I got the new enchantments. (verified via "modtrace spooky damage"). Examining/checking description did not help, neither did removing and re-equipping it, but re-logging fixed it.
I had the case equipped when I hit the buttons, if it matters.

r18100

Same. On day 1 of a new Normal Standard run I changed the 3rd enchantment to +5 rollover adventures & it was still showing the +5-10 HP & MP regen.
I used Ezandora's script to change enchantments on the briefcase -> https://github.com/Ezandora/Briefcase

Code:
> version

KoLmafia v17.6 r18109

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yes, apparently about half of the enchantments aren't recognized instead of the 1 that I said to begin with. Listing them won't help, since the code there needs to be scrapped and replaced with something that will actually work. Unfortunately, I can't figure out a good way to handle that (ModifierList objects maybe?), so maybe someone else will take a look at it.

Malibu Stacey

When the first enchantment is set to the first option (+5-10 HP/MP regen) the enchantments in mafia are only showing the MP regen not the HP regen.

Code:
> version

KoLmafia v17.12 r18725

taltamir

so in the ezandora script... what exactly is Solve doing?
It says solve all known puzzles but all of those seem to be covered by unlock.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It would way more helpful if you would post that question on the thread about the script in question - after reading that thread and what it says about the script - than posting it on a thread which is for discussing core KoLmafia support for the feature.

taltamir

It would way more helpful if you would post that question on the thread about the script in question - after reading that thread and what it says about the script - than posting it on a thread which is for discussing core KoLmafia support for the feature.
Sorry, I thought I was in the IOTM discussion thread rather than feature implementation thread. I blame lack of sleep.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Sorry, I thought I was in the IOTM discussion thread rather than feature implementation thread. I blame lack of sleep.

You might try and get more sleep. Your question was specifically about a particular script. Because it was about a script neither the new content threads started to guide KoLmafia implementation or a Bug/Feature request for KoLmafia are the best places for this. Perhaps you were so tired you thought you were in GD where an IOTM thread covers much more than just KoLmafia support for an IOTM?