Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: License to Adventure

Can we get mafia to notice if we've got Disavowed when maximising at the tower? Normally it doesn't matter, as you'd get it back as soon as you hit adventure.php, but this doesn't happen in the tower and would really help with the various tests if we were reminded to get rid of it.

By the way, the third choice adventure in the Super Villian Lair is pretty simple if you understand the code. I added the following to my choice relay for that choiceAdventure so that I could stop referring to the wiki page.

Code:
    buffer code(buffer page) {
    	foreach choice in $strings["Vent Poisonous Gas", "Monorail Shutdown", "Roaring Fire", "Poison Gas"]
    		if(page.contains_text(choice))
    			return page.replace_string(choice, '<span style="color:green;font-weight:bold">'+choice+'</span>');
    	return page;
    }
    It would be good if mafia autoselected the correct option if blatant spoilers is active. Only one of those four will be present and it is always the right choice.

@Bale: The choices I just saw are "Equipment Production", "Cryogenics System", and "Roaring Fire"

@Bale: The choices I just saw are "Equipment Production", "Cryogenics System", and "Roaring Fire"
    Originally Posted by Magus_Prime View Post
    Sounds like you agree with Bale then.

18059 spoils the symbology option. I would like to add some tracking and spoiling for the color button, but I don't know of any comprehensive list of in-combat messages to work from.

18059 spoils the symbology option. I would like to add some tracking and spoiling for the color button, but I don't know of any comprehensive list of in-combat messages to work from.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    The wiki finally has a good page for that. The list is not yet comprehensive, but it may be in a few more days. There appear to be six different messages for each of the four locations. That will be a total of 24 messages. There's also a complete list of color synonyms at the bottom.

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/..._Strange_Panel
    Last edited by Bale; 05-26-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Looks like seeing a single message is enough to identify the result from all 3 colors, once all the messages are known. If the color buttons are always in the same order (which is how it looks), then this should be easier to support than I expected.

The wiki has 7 of the 8 direct clues for ideal choices. Those are parsed in 18060, and the choice is spoiled if possible.

I tried using indirect clues too (assuming that there are essentially two groups of 3 clues possible for each enemy type, and seeing a single clue tells you the other two clues that you will eventually see), but my first attempt at that (with incomplete clues available) gave the wrong result, so I dropped that for now (as seen by the commented lines in VillainLairDecorator). Adding those in is straightforward once all the clues are available.

I'm not really sure what to do with Disavowed. There isn't a message for getting more turns of the effect, it just happens in the background. I feel like most methods of trying to track when to increase its effect will be flawed. Updating what it does by looking at the effect is an option, but then it will still be wrong most of the time. There's always the option of doing something silly like assume the difference between current and expected buffed mainstat is its effect, which can go wrong plenty of ways, including getting down to 1 buffed mainstat.