Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Not updating EasyFax list

Default Not updating EasyFax list

Easyfax's list of available monsters on Sourceforge but mafia is not requesting a new list. the easyfax.xml file in the data directory hasn't been updated since January

I tried deleting easyfax.xml from my data folder, and got
    Could not load easyfax configuration from "https://sourceforge.net/p/easyfax/code/HEAD/tree/Easyfax.xml?format=raw"
    The URL seems to work fine...

Do we need to get Crowther involved?

Do we need to get Crowther involved?
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    Not if the URL works fine and it works for me too.

EDIT: Unless mafia is having trouble parsing it and that's why it can't load it.

Developer

I tried deleting easyfax.xml from my data folder, and got

The URL seems to work fine...
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    The next line would be more useful...
    Code:
    		if ( FaxBotDatabase.faxBotError )
    		{
    			KoLmafia.updateDisplay( MafiaState.ABORT, "Could not load " + data.name + " configuration from \"" + data.URL + "\"" );
    			RequestLogger.printLine( FaxBotDatabase.faxBotErrorMessage );
    			return;
    		}
    edit: That said, I can't seem to reproduce this issue, as easyfax.xml materialized in my data/ directory just fine. Is it still happening for everyone else?

I stuck a stacktrace in the place where we got an IOException in FileUtilities.downloadFile and got this:

Code:
    Unexpected error, debug log printed.
    class javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
    	at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
    	at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:154)
    	at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(SSLSocketImpl.java:2023)
    	at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1125)
    	at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375)
    	at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1403)
    	at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1387)
    	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:559)
    	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:185)
    	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1546)
    	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1474)
    	at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:480)
    	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:338)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.FileUtilities.downloadFile(FileUtilities.java:302)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.FaxBotDatabase$DynamicBotFetcher.run(FaxBotDatabase.java:434)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:286)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:271)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.FaxBotDatabase.configureFaxBot(FaxBotDatabase.java:150)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.FaxBotDatabase.configureFaxBots(FaxBotDatabase.java:137)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.FaxBotDatabase.configure(FaxBotDatabase.java:97)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.FaxRequestFrame.<clinit>(FaxRequestFrame.java:91)
    	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaGUI.constructFrame(KoLmafiaGUI.java:236)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.DisplayFrameListener.execute(DisplayFrameListener.java:84)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:239)
    	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$SequencedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:418)
    	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    It's not that we can't parse your file, currently, it's that some of us can't download it.

I was able to download it in my browser.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

I suppose the question then is - what version of java? Older versions of java may not support the version of ssl/tls required by sourceforge.
    Or java does not know the root CA that signs sourceforge's certificate.
    Or about a million other things that can manifest as a "handshake failure". Java really does not care about reporting what went wrong.

Java 1.8.0_40 here (which I realize could be updated, but I don't use Java for anything but this anyway), with the same log as Veracity.

The next line would be more useful...
    You would think so from looking at that code, but
    C:\path\to\files\easyfax.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
    (with an actual path) doesn't seem helpful.

I have Java 8 update 131 and I don't get any errors. I deleted the easyfax.xml and it appeared in my data directory.

Developer

Code:
    $ java -version
    Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=gasp
    openjdk version "1.8.0_121"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode
    I fully expect to be an outlier, since I'm running this on Linux.

That said, it could very well be an issue with an older version of Java, although that does strike me as a bit strange.