New Content - Implemented New-You Club Membership Form

Darzil

Developer
Near miss on quest tracking. Whilst it all worked fine for me, the quest didn't update on login. I suspect this means that the message doesn't get sent before we parse the quest log. I guess we now need to spade what triggers the message being sent !

Darzil

Developer
Can't see where we load that on first login (only when login is timing in), so have added it with r18400.

Can someone see if quest daily preferences are correctly set so we can close this new feature. I can't as my character with this IotM doesn't have it active today (but does tomorrow).

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

Mine all appear to have been set correctly.

I did notice that mafia seems to think that questEUNewYou is a custom property rather than a built-in one.

AlbinoRhino

I just remembered something and I leave it to you to judge if it is related.

When I had an out-of-standard eudora and I would finish a run, no amount of hitting main.php in the browser or a script would collect the past 2 or 3 days of correspondence. However, exiting and then logging back in WOULD collect them.

Darzil

Developer
Interesting. So maybe it isn't hitting main.php that prompts the correspondence, but something to do with login.

AlbinoRhino

Hmm...none of them set today. r18406. Visited main in the browser. Still not set. Visited the correspondence page in the browser. Still not set. Something happening between the main.php hit which you added/removed and mafia's normal main.php hit ?

Exited mafia & logged back in. All are correctly set. Puzzling.

Edit: I don't recall but it is certainly possible that, yesterday when I said they were correctly set, I may have already logged in more than once.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Well, it's not hitting main.php. I am currently logged in, have even run turns, and visited correspondance, and visited main.php manually, after originally logging in, and still quest log doesn't have the text !

Ah - edit, or maybe it just doesn't work as Boris.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Ok, have found the issue with quest setting, and it is simple enough. Working out why things are as they are and avoiding resultant weird issues may be harder.

We reset all daily preferences in KoLmafia.resetCounters(). This is called in KoLmafia.refreshSession() if it's our first KoLmafia session of the day, but this happens after KoLmafia.refreshSessionData(), which updates quest log among many other things.

This means that on first login of the day, we are blanking out daily preferences in resetCounters() after setting them for things like quests, No Hat, Pantogram, Horsery, anything in Campground, etc.

We should certainly clear daily preferences before we start setting them !