Yet another ascension zcript

General_Herpes

Thank you so much for sharing this script. It has worked very well so far and I love that it can automate individual quests on demand.

You rock!

VladYvhuce

True, but I don't have any coding to support the getting-the-password. I felt skipping it entirely (and putting a reminder in the progress sheet) would be enough to let the player do that part manually. I don't know the value of scripting out a one-time-per-account puzzle. Once happier with the overall script, we could look into scooping the letter(s) for this, but at this point you'll need to do that yourself - setting that variable will just prevent the script from getting in your way of solving it.
All one really has to do is set the variables to the proper settings and the script without the new flag would get the password.

mapledyne

All one really has to do is set the variables to the proper settings and the script without the new flag would get the password.

Really? I assumed the password displayed would be lost - is mafia keeping record of it when it comes up? If it does, I could pretty easily put something for "try to get password" for the love tunnel. I figured if we automated "do nothing", then the word at the end would be lost without coding some way to catch it ourselves. Hm...

mapledyne

A minor change, but maybe helpful for those using yaaz-progress or yaaz-trophy (the main script scrolls a bit too much for this to be as helpful):

The various items, locations, etc are now clickable and will take you to their wiki entry. Want to know what something is that's showing up in yaaz-trophy or yaaz-progress? It should be clickable now.

Code:
Putting one astral pilsner in the closet for use at the end of the day.
Placing items into closet...
Transfer failed for astral pilsner

I've updated script still getting this error.

Just ran this script on my multi that I use to test Kolmafia scripts, and I must say - it worked like magic. I only had to properly set the HP/MP usage restore, because its a 0 ascension account for it to run without any errors.

Thank you for sharing this script! I'll probably use it next time for my main, as its a good alternative to other ascension scripts that require so many IoTMs and permed skills. :)

LeaChim

Just completed my first ever 3-day HC ascension using this script - with a nice 14 adventures spare :p

I tried to "set yz_no_dispose=true", since I would like to keep some of the items that the script usually sells. But the script does not continue running if it was set to true. What will happen is that it will run normally at the start, but stop immediately after maximizing the my equipment.

If the setting is set to false, it will usually maximize, sell items, then check quest log, etc. But none of that happens when its set to true.

Is there a workaround for this?

akahad

Edit: ok it's not related to your script. it was zlib which was not updated//Doesn't want to start with me. Any idea about what i'm doing wrong ? I have the most recent version of kolmafia. License to adventure path hardcore SR.
Code:
> call scripts\yaaz\util\yaaz-begin.ash

Function 'progress_sheet( boolean )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (yaaz-begin.ash, line 8)

> call scripts\yaaz\util\yaaz-progress.ash

Sending kmail to degrassi...
Stack overflow during ASH script: (zlib.ash, line 367)

> call scripts\yaaz\yaaz.ash

Stack overflow during ASH script: (zlib.ash, line 54)

Last edited:

akahad

Is there a way to prevent the script from raising monster level to +10 with the detuned radio ? My poor unskilled multi spent 40 turns in hippy camp getting beaten up every two adventures.

nixon66

Hey wanted to say thank you on this script, as it's been amazing! Odd issue's come up, in that it won't run daily dungeons currently, either through the main script, or just the side quest script. In the main script, it just doesn't do it, while the side script just hangs, so I've been doing my needed runs manually.

Also, any plans for an update again?

Stokesey

Sorry, complete newbie... How do I set my restore options to include resting at the campground? Doing this on an alt-account so it is my first ascension and no IOTMs.

Stokesey

Ran into this issue on a no IOTM first run:

Maximizing...
8 combinations checked, best score 37.50 (FAIL)
Selling 1 meat paste
Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 10 Meat
Items sold.

Verifying ingredients for Flaskfull of Hollow (1)...
Creating 1 meat paste...
You acquire an item: meat paste
You lose 10 Meat
Successfully created meat paste (1)
You need 2 more handful of Smithereens to continue.

Turns used this ascension: 159.
2/441 substats to level 6
[ ] Buy a Desert Bus pass
0/15 daily dungeon rooms
0/21 drawers searched in The Haunted Kitchen (1 or 2 drawers/turn)
3/3 walls destroyed in the Bat Hole
0/30 make a digital key
0/5 red pixel potions for Your Shadow
0/3 hero keys ([ ]Boris, [ ]Pete, [ ]Jarlsberg)

EDIT: It just looped the same information for what seemed indefinitely.

Last edited:

gorelando

With high MP and some MP regen, it's recasting some stuff to "use up surplus MP", but it only does a single cast of a few things and I'm right back up to surplus MP again after the next adventure.

This is causing it to repeat it every action, which slows down adventure use by a factor of 10 or so . . . is there something I can do to prevent this?

Wonderful script otherwise, by far my favorite for this purpose.

edit: In general, it doesn't deal well with characters who have and regen a lot of MP. Ideally it wouldn't spend thousands of meat on magical mystery juice when the character is going to recover MP even if expensive combat skills are used.

Last edited:

HankStrong

Holy crap, this thing thinks I'm a fighting machine. Character with few skills and no IotM.

1st adv of the day wants to fight with ML turned to 10! WTF? How can I tell it that I'm too weak to fight like that?

nixon66

It has been oddly taking out the appropriate familiar (say the gravy fairy or blackbird) and then switching back to some previous familiar for no discernible reason that I can tell, in between every turn! I don't have the yz_100familiar set to anything for this run, but it is behaving oddly!

Carnifex

Anyone else having trouble with the Chateau Mantegna causing the script to loop trying to get the desk items?

gorelando

I regret to report that it's broken for me by January's Garbage Tote. As soon as you craft one of the items and then change it to something else, it starts looking for the original ones endlessly, can't find them, and aborts the script.

Turns used this ascension: 630.
441/6279 substats to level 13
18/20 pulls from storage used
0/8 filthy rag collected for the Bounty Hunter
[ ] Start the Island War
[ ] Find a steam-powered model rocketship
[ ] Recover the Holy MacGuffin.
0% desert explored
10/30 make a digital key
Switching to familiar Robortender
Putting A the Rockin' Robin back into terrarium...
Taking Buginald the Robortender out of terrarium...
Maximizing...
48 combinations checked, best score 855.00 (FAIL)
Wielding broken champagne bottle...
You don't have the item you're trying to equip.
Going adventuring to get some stone wool.
Switching to familiar Rockin' Robin
Putting Buginald the Robortender back into terrarium...
Taking A the Rockin' Robin out of terrarium...
Maximizing...
252 combinations checked, best score 330.33
Going adventuring to get some stone wool.
Maximizing...
252 combinations checked, best score 330.33
Opening up Belowdecks.
Switching to familiar Robortender
Putting A the Rockin' Robin back into terrarium...
Taking Buginald the Robortender out of terrarium...
Maximizing...
90 combinations checked, best score 20.00
Maximizing...
48 combinations checked, best score 20.00
The Oasis hasn't been found yet. Adventuring in The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert to open it.
Maximizing...
48 combinations checked, best score 841.00
Gnasir hasn't been found yet. Adventuring in The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert to open it.
Maximizing...
Gnasir wants a can of black paint.
Giving can of black paint to Gnasir.

Talking to Gnasir
Gnasir wants a killing jar.
Giving killing jar to Gnasir.

Talking to Gnasir
Going to The Oasis to get Ultrahydrated.

Visit to Beach: The Oasis in progress...
You can't get to that area.

Maximizing...
Switching to familiar Rockin' Robin
Putting Buginald the Robortender back into terrarium...
Taking A the Rockin' Robin out of terrarium...
Maximizing...
252 combinations checked, best score 327.33
Ran out of quest things to do in this script.
You can just adventure/level up at this point by setting yz_abort_on_no_tasks to false
Script aborted.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I regret to report that it's broken for me by January's Garbage Tote. As soon as you craft one of the items and then change it to something else, it starts looking for the original ones endlessly, can't find them, and aborts the script.

Sounds like you should update mafia to a version that recognizes the first one disappearing when crafting a second one.