Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Example script: acquire_familiars

I'm not sure how to implement those. Everything I've tried results in "Unable to invoke listfamiliars". Whatever I'm doing, Mafia doesn't like it.
    Originally Posted by VladYvhuce View Post
    Edit the code, and make this change:
    PHP Code:
                // If the price is between 2M and 10M, we'll display it as 'Expensive' for possible manual purchase.

} else if( 2000000 ) { 
    Change the 2000000 to 100, like this:

PHP Code:
                // If the price is between 2M and 10M, we'll display it as 'Expensive' for possible manual purchase.

} else if( 100 ) { 
    Then the script will display all familiars with a cost between 100 meat, and 10,000,000 meat. If you want to see ALL familiars available, regardless of cost, change this:
    PHP Code:
                // Prices above over 10M indicate Mr. Store or other expensive fams. We don't track those.

} else if( 10000000 ) { 
    to

PHP Code:
                // Prices above over 10M indicate Mr. Store or other expensive fams. We don't track those.

} else if( 999999998 ) { 
    That sets the cost to 999,999,998 which is the most expensive item that can be displayed in a mall search (I believe this was changed from all 9's years ago)

Then just run the script! I tested it myself, and it worked perfect.

Edit the code, and make this change:
    PHP Code:

} else if( 2000000 ) { 
    Change the 2000000 to 100, like this:

PHP Code:

} else if( 100 ) { 
    Then the script will display all familiars with a cost between 100 meat, and 10,000,000 meat. If you want to see ALL familiars available, regardless of cost, change this:
    PHP Code:

} else if( 10000000 ) { 
    to

PHP Code:

} else if( 999999998 ) { 
    That sets the cost to 999,999,998 which is the most expensive item that can be displayed in a mall search (I believe this was changed from all 9's years ago)

Then just run the script! I tested it myself, and it worked perfect.
    Originally Posted by Pazleysox View Post
    Yeah. They changed it from all 9s to make max-priced items not show up, in case you want to save an item for a friend or to make people not be as lazy or something.

Add alias to the front of the lines given to add them as aliases
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Thanks.

By combining the knowledge from both responses, now I have a new Daily Deed button that checks for the familiars I don't have.
    In KOL: VladYvhuce (#1798867)

I just noticed something. This method is flawed. It doesn't display the lowest mall price, which means that it's useless for me.

I just noticed something. This method is flawed. It doesn't display the lowest mall price, which means that it's useless for me.
    You already know that your complaint is about KoLmafia, not this script, because you made this thread.

On top of that, this script exists mostly so people can read the code and understand the ideas. Your post comes across as insulting, really.

Did you think this script could be used as a Mallbot, or some type of pricing bot?

Did you think this script could be used as a Mallbot, or some type of pricing bot?
    No. I was just not expecting it to tell me that I should buy a max-priced familiar when there's a more reasonably priced one in the mall. As a familiar collector, that gets frustrating.

No. I was just not expecting it to tell me that I should buy a max-priced familiar when there's a more reasonably priced one in the mall. As a familiar collector, that gets frustrating.
    Actually I don't see a problem with what you are saying. If it displays a price you like and you try to buy it you will spend less that you planned. Perhaps I am mis-remembering mafia's behavior but my recollection is that it will buy the cheapest available regardless of what was displayed as the "five price".
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

It's not telling you to buy anything. This script is for information only, or to purchase low cost familiars for people who don't have them. If you are a (familiar) collector, you would have little use for this (or any) script, as you should already have done your homework, know what you are missing, how much it cost, and what you're willing to pay.

It's not telling you to buy anything. This script is for information only, or to purchase low cost familiars for people who don't have them. If you are a (familiar) collector, you would have little use for this (or any) script, as you should already have done your homework, know what you are missing, how much it cost, and what you're willing to pay.
    New famiars tend to come out with various types of content, and sometimes someone who's had one for sale at max price decides "eh, I'll try and slash the price some". The idea of catching these price lowerings through Mafia is a very tempting idea, as opposed to running multiple mall searches and sifting through the entire mall when a new familiar shows up. Or waiting for the wiki to update as people add content data... As the Trade channel shows quite often, collectors are rather lazy. I was just hoping this thing would give me an edge. It's clear that it won't. So, I'm stuck with going back to the old methods.

The idea of catching these price lowerings through Mafia is a very tempting idea, as opposed to running multiple mall searches and sifting through the entire mall when a new familiar shows up.
    That is as good a definition of a mallbot as any I have read.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards