Bug - Cannot Reproduce KoLmafia crashes my browser repeatedly

Kyzyx

Bug summary: When playing in KoLmafia, my internet browser will randomly crash and close, and I have to restart the browser. This happens fairly often; about once or twice an hour. This bug doesn't seem to affect the main interface; it doesn't log me out or close, and nothing appears in the Graphical CLI.

KoLmafia only started crashing after I installed the script Bale's OCD Inventory Control, but I haven't noticed any other problems with that script. The crashing happens just as often even if I haven't run the OCD dB manager. My other scripts are Bounty, LT&T Office, BumPork, Snapshot Maker, Ezandora's Guide, TrickTreat, CFStat, ManageStore, CanAdv, ZLib, volcano_mining.ash, and Ezandora's Sweet Synthesis. All but the last two were installed from the Script Manager.

I'm running KoLmafia version r17987, my OS is Windows 10, and my internet browser is Firefox Version 52.0.2 (32-bit). Firefox has never crashed when I wasn't running KoLmafia. Please tell me if you need any more information.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That sounds difficult to reproduce. My first suggestion would be to try using another browser with KoLmafia and see if you still have problems. Also, try using Firefox without KoLmafia running and make sure it's still working properly.

xKiv

"Random" crashes like that can be anything. I have even had some because of faulty RAM or a semitoasted graphic card.

Magus_Prime

I had the same behavior with that version of Firefox on Window 10. I haven't had the time to dig into it yet. I've switched to the Google Chrome browser for now with KoLmafia.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I had the same behavior with that version of Firefox on Window 10. I haven't had the time to dig into it yet. I've switched to the Google Chrome browser for now with KoLmafia.

Curiously I am running the same version of Firefox on Windows 10 and have never seen this problem.

Kyzyx

I tried running KoLmafia with Google Chrome, and it didn't crash. Is there a way to make KoLmafia open the Relay Browser in Chrome without having to change my default browser?