Feature - Implemented Add more "Are you sure you want to drink without ode?" protection

antimarty

My seal clubber with no permed AT skills doesn't get a warning when he tries to drink without ode, which happens from time to time when his buffbot request fails due to all song slots being filled. Is there already a way to get a warning for characters that are out of ronin, but can't cast ode themselves? If not, can we get one?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I understand what you are asking and why, but I think it is a bad idea for KoLmafia to warn me about something I cannot do "intrinsically". To me using a buffbot is a different choice than casting an acquired skill

I would solve this problem by moving my eating/drinking to a script and running it to eat and drink. The script could check for Ode and obtain it as appropriate.

antimarty

I understand what you are asking and why, but I think it is a bad idea for KoLmafia to warn me about something I cannot do "intrinsically". To me using a buffbot is a different choice than casting an acquired skill.

I don't think there is a single out-of-ronin character playing this game that would like to see the warning if they have the skill, but not see it otherwise. What is the use case where somebody would prefer the current setup?

It's easy to imagine characters that wouldn't want to see the warning at all - a non-adventuring bosskiller with all song slots full anyway, a pvp-er drinking non-adventure-granting drinks - but who would want to toggle it based on having the skill or not?

And as a philosophical choice it seems pretty inconsistent with mafia's extensive buffbot support.

Darzil

Developer
r18411 - To address concerns I share, it is opt in, but is not a hidden option, as it appears under Preferences Menu.