{print(
    "This player is online");}
       if(
    length(player_list) > 0)

player_list += ", ";

player_list += player;

here's my output:
    Code:
    PazSox (#352918), the Level 9 Seal Clubber (In Ronin)
    This player is currently online in channel clan.

Listening to Events, Incoming from: saying: PazSox (#352918), the Level 9 Seal Clubber (In Ronin)This player is currently online in channel clan.
    This player is away
    This player is online
    I get this for each player currently online, regardless of away or not.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You aren't doing anything with that /whois, you're repeatedly checking the results from lchat.php. Which probably has a bunch of javascript with all the text you're checking for.

So how can I go about doing what I'm trying to do?

Well, what do you get when you look at the text from lchat? Once you have that, you can use split_string to break the text into segments, and then you can use a proper regexp matcher to see which users are away.

Developer

You recognize why that's not working, right? You're ending your if statements with the semicolons. You then have each print statement in a separate block that executes unconditionally.

On top of that, you're not reloading lchat.php between iterations of the loop, which isn't even what you want in the first place -- lchat uses submitnewchat.php to send that request (and retrieve the corresponding response). And, to top it off, to prevent people from writing spammy chatbots, that URL (along with newchatmessages.php) are banned for use in scripts.

You have a chatbotScript set, per the line "Listening to Events, Incoming from: saying: ...". If you're going to do parsing of this sort, it'll have to be in there.

You recognize why that's not working, right? You're ending your if statements with the semicolons. You then have each print statement in a separate block that executes unconditionally.

You have a chatbotScript set, per the line "Listening to Events, Incoming from: saying: ...". If you're going to do parsing of this sort, it'll have to be in there.
    Originally Posted by heeheehee View Post
    I see. I'll play around with it.

Once I figure it out, I'll have to figure out how to remove said "away" player from the list of online players, so I can PM the list of "active" players.

Once I figure it out, I'll have to figure out how to remove said "away" player from the list of online players, so I can PM the list of "active" players.
    Originally Posted by Pazleysox View Post
    I'd recommend putting them in a map with values of true and false. (True is active and false is inactive.) The comma separated list is awkward for internal purposes, so just make an output function which you send a map and have it turn that into a comma separated list to print.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

I'd recommend putting them in a map with values of true and false. (True is active and false is inactive.) The comma separated list is awkward for internal purposes, so just make an output function which you send a map and have it turn that into a comma separated list to print.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    I've been thinking along those lines. I have codes that do parts of what I need. I just need to look at them, and try to figure out to get the pieces I need.