New Content - Implemented Spacegate access badge

I haven't been able to narrow down exactly what's going on, but preference _spacegateTurnsLeft is not being correctly set to 0 in all circumstances when the Spacegate is out of energy. I've definitely seen it set to 0 in some instances, but here's an example where it does not set:

Code:
[I've already run 20 turns Through the Spacegate today.]
[COLOR="#DAA520"]> prefref spacegate[/COLOR]

_spacegateTurnsLeft 20

[COLOR="#DAA520"]> ash adventure(1, $location[Through the Spacegate]);[/COLOR]

Visit to The Spacegate: Through the Spacegate in progress...
[COLOR="#FF0000"]The Spacegate is out of energy for today.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#DAA520"]> prefref spacegate[/COLOR]

_spacegateTurnsLeft 20

So Mafia clearly detects that I can't adventure Through the Spacegate, but it's not setting the preference correctly.

I'll try and narrow down cases where this does or does not work. But I'm hoping someone with a better eye might spot the issue right away. I guess Mafia is detecting "no more adventures available" by the absence of an adventure link at place.php?whichplace=spacegate? I've confirmed that there's no adventure link when I view that page in the relay browser, but the preference doesn't change.

In r18103, I'm not seeing _spacegateTurnsLeft decrement when adventuring Through the Spacegate, either using adventure(), via the relay browser, or via the Adventure tab.

Code:
[COLOR="#DAA520"]> prefref _spacegateTurnsLeft[/COLOR]

_spacegateTurnsLeft 20

[COLOR="#DAA520"]> ash adventure(1, $location[Through the Spacegate]);[/COLOR]

[3841] Through the Spacegate
Encounter: Cool Space Rocks
You acquire alien rock sample (5)
You lose 3,847 hit points

Returned: true

_spacegateTurnsLeft 20

[B][manual adventure via the Relay Browser][/B]

[3843] Through the Spacegate
Encounter: Space Cave
You acquire alien rock sample (5)
You lose 4,391 hit points

_spacegateTurnsLeft 20

[B][automated adventure via the Adventure tab][/B]

Validating adventure sequence...

[3844] Through the Spacegate
Encounter: Wide Open Spaces
You acquire alien rock sample (6)
You acquire an item: alien gemstone

Requests complete.

_spacegateTurnsLeft 20

I was on planet ZAAAUEN, with 100% noncombats. I'll try a different planet when I have a chance, and see if anything changes with different adventures. But, per my last post, _spacegateTurnsLeft is also not being set to 0 when the adventure link is absent from the Facility.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The only code that ever changes it is looking at the spacegate terminal. There are lots of things you can encounter that don't actually use energy, and trying to count it all properly is just going to lead to reports about how it is still wrong...

Ah, okay, thanks. I haven't kept up with the cutting-edge of Spacegate knowledge, so I thought that adventure cost == energy cost. Thanks for setting me straight.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I now remember that wandering monsters and turtles were blocked from showing up there. I don't know if doghouse stuff still shows up. There are still intro noncombats that don't count though.

Another reason to not automatically set it to 0 when mafia finds an out of energy message is that mafia reports the same error message when you are not allowed access because you aren't wearing the appropriate gear. (not the first time, since that will give you said gear, but later on).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Wielding a murderbot plasma rifle grants skill #7284, EXTERMINATE SPANT, which costs 0 MP and insta-kills spant enemies.

According to the wiki, you only get the skill against spants, which makes it different to handle than other conditionally-granted skills.

18116 adds the skill, though KoLmafia will never know you have it (unless seeing it in combat somehow does something for that).

Cool. I primarily wanted it to use in Custom Combat, so this ought to suit my needs just fine. On the other hand, the latest build I see at builds.kolmafia.us is 18114, so it looks like there may be a bit of a wait. Thanks for the implementation!

--------------------
9476 Spant eggs 622124078 spanteggs.gif usable t,d 5
Item Spant eggs Effect: "Sugary World View", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
2307 Sugary World View spanteggs.gif 7e401e00dc196efc529a6eb3f5bd06b1 use 1 Spant eggs
Effect Sugary World View Candy Drop: +100
--------------------

Now that these are finally implemented, thanks to Halloween.

Yendor

The adventure spoilers are looking for "alien rock samples" and finding 0, because they should be looking for the singular "alien rock sample".

adeyke

It seems that right now, _spacegateTurnsLeft is updated only when you visit the terminal (which you're normally unlikely to do after choosing a destination). It seems like that should also decrement after each adventure through the spacegate.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It seems that right now, _spacegateTurnsLeft is updated only when you visit the terminal (which you're normally unlikely to do after choosing a destination). It seems like that should also decrement after each adventure through the spacegate.

See the previous page of this thread for why that won't actually happen.