Bug - Fixed "Unexpected error" trying to restore hp or mp

mapledyne

I have a character I've been doing some testing with that is fairly low skill/meat/iotm and recently I've found I can no longer restore it's mp or hp and instead get "Unexpected error, debug log printed". Sample trace from trying to restore HP first, then MP below (they're similar, but the line numbers).

The character doesn't have a lot of restorer options, but I have the "rest in your campground" and a few other simple ones (doc's, for instance) checked with plenty of meat to buy them.

This happens from the CLI or from clicking on the HP/MP in the relay browser.

Thoughts?

Code:
> restore HP

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.moods.HPRestoreItemList$HPRestoreItem.recoverHP(HPRestoreItemList.java:518)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.moods.RecoveryManager.recoverOnce(RecoveryManager.java:549)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.moods.RecoveryManager.recover(RecoveryManager.java:449)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.moods.RecoveryManager.recoverHP(RecoveryManager.java:221)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.command.RecoverCommand.run(RecoverCommand.java:63)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.doExecuteCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:596)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:549)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:450)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:318)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.handleQueue(CommandDisplayFrame.java:187)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.run(CommandDisplayFrame.java:163)

And the MP one:

Code:
> restore mp

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.moods.MPRestoreItemList$MPRestoreItem.recoverMP(MPRestoreItemList.java:454)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.moods.RecoveryManager.recoverOnce(RecoveryManager.java:554)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.moods.RecoveryManager.recover(RecoveryManager.java:415)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.moods.RecoveryManager.recoverMP(RecoveryManager.java:262)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.command.RecoverCommand.run(RecoverCommand.java:69)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.doExecuteCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:596)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:549)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:450)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:318)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.handleQueue(CommandDisplayFrame.java:187)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.run(CommandDisplayFrame.java:163)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Are you in Ed or something that doesn't have a campground? I fixed some code that was erroneously allowing non-skill/non-item restoratives to fall through to code that expected a skill or an item.

Try revision 17927

mapledyne

Are you in Ed or something that doesn't have a campground? I fixed some code that was erroneously allowing non-skill/non-item restoratives to fall through to code that expected a skill or an item.

Try revision 17927

No, but it's on an account that's never ascended, if that's helpful?

That said, build 17927 seems to have it fixed. Thanks!