Automatically accept svn updates?

tricus

At login when an svn project updates with new files, there is a Yes/No popup that interrupts script execution.

Is there any way to just automatically accept the update (since I trust all the wonderful script authors), or to refuse the update so my script can run without interruption, or is this by design to strictly require user input so nobody gets upset about overwritten files? (not a concern for me because I have my personal .ash files in source control)

In latter case I suppose the recommended practice is to occasionally update manually rather than updating daily automatically?

Thanks.

(Apologies if there is an answer elsewhere, I couldn't find it)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
My recommendation is to update manually.

My other recommendation is that if you are customizing scripts, edit the copy in the svn directory, so that when you update, it merges in your changes and then pushes the updated/merged version to your scripts directory for execution.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My recommendation is to update manually.
That is what I do. Just make sure you actually update the script before posting that the script isn't doing something that you expect.

My other recommendation is that if you are customizing scripts, edit the copy in the svn directory, so that when you update, it merges in your changes and then pushes the updated/merged version to your scripts directory for execution.
That doesn't apply when the script author adds new files to the project, as far as avoiding a prompt goes.

tricus

Just to clarify, it is correct that there is no way currently to automate svn updates that contain new files? No secret option or preference?
(I could resort to AutoIT if I was really desperate I suppose...)

[Oh and by the way thanks for that reminder about making edits in the svn/ directory files. I know I had read that before but I had forgotten about it.]